Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in Ottawa, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN5

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
must-be-21-sign-s-9126-21.png

Just change ''enter'' to ''be trusted enough to get minutes''

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Don't understand why Brown was sent back if we are in such dire straits for centers.

I would guess it has to do with Guy Boucher.

Dorion was quoted as saying unless Formenton plays top 9 or better minutes, he'll be sent back down. I presume the same line of thinking was in place for Brown. Brown has averaged just over 8 minutes a game, but a big chunk of that is PP time. He's played about 5 minutes average @ even strength. Two out of the 4 games, he barely played at all.

Using Brown the way he has been used is the wrong move. But sending him down because Boucher is using him that way helps nobody is the right move.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would guess it has to do with Guy Boucher.

Dorion was quoted as saying unless Formenton plays top 9 or better minutes, he'll be sent back down. I presume the same line of thinking was in place for Brown. Brown has averaged just over 8 minutes a game, but a big chunk of that is PP time. He's played about 5 minutes average @ even strength. Two out of the 4 games, he barely played at all.

Using Brown the way he has been used is the wrong move. But sending him down because Boucher is using him that way helps nobody is the right move.

Boucher basically said they were looking to give Brown the Chabot treatment, expose him to NHL practices, training, the lifestyle, and some limited game action to show him what it takes to succeed as a pro, and send him back down to work on what he needs to work on, dominate the CHL ect. He further indicated that they were planning on sending him down about 5 days ago, but injuries delayed the decision. I very much doubt we sent him down because of how Boucher was using him, we sent him down because this was the intention from the get go.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher basically said they were looking to give Brown the Chabot treatment, expose him to NHL practices, training, the lifestyle, and some limited game action to show him what it takes to succeed as a pro, and send him back down to work on what he needs to work on, dominate the CHL ect. He further indicated that they were planning on sending him down about 5 days ago, but injuries delayed the decision. I very much doubt we sent him down because of how Boucher was using him, we sent him down because this was the intention from the get go.

No question in my mind on that. He was here for a look see and back down.

Boggletrax

Oct 5, 2008
While I like seeing young/new guys get a chance, I wouldn't mind trying Wideman on wing if we're this depleted on forward but with 7 healthy D. He's fairly fast, agile, good one timer, good passer. Most of the knocks on him are on the defensive side, like how he can't contain big fwds. But he has an active stick and stays in position. Maybe he can bring those defensive skills plus some offense up front.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kinda cool that Rodewald will likely make his NHL debut. Undrafted player fought his way through the ECHL to the AHL, moved to multiple organizations has only been on a AHL contract till now when he gets the call up to the big league. Good for him. Gingers generally do well here. He's like a doppelganger for Carson Wentz too, so maybe that's a good omen.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Kinda cool that Rodewald will likely make his NHL debut. Undrafted player fought his way through the ECHL to the AHL, moved to multiple organizations has only been on a AHL contract till now when he gets the call up to the big league. Good for him. Gingers generally do well here. He's like a doppelganger for Carson Wentz too, so maybe that's a good omen.
He hit the ground running with Bingo last year. He seemed to be on the scoresheet every night. Excited to see what kind of player he is.

Kind of like this Werek kid this year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pageau has to step up and have a dominant game with Turris out, Pageau hasn’t been his normal ‘never leave it alone’ self this season.

Last season when we were in so many low scoring games Pageau could have a queit game because we knew he was all about the D, but with so many high scoring games this year he hasn’t been there to swing a game our way like he normally is.

Let’s go Honey Badger, time to win us a game.

Reactions: Alex1234

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
McCormick and Rodewald glad I'm gonna miss this one. Why bring Nick Paul in demand he trains here all summer and not play him it's ridiculous.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looking forward to the game tonight. 2 solid teams going at it. Looking forward to seeing Chlapik in action.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Fun fact. Last 4 games between teams ended 3-2. We've won one of them.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Ok. I didn't hear it. What was the gist?

They planned to send him back last week, they were mirroring what they did with Chabot last year.

They wanted to give him a couple of games, get used to the pro-speed, get used to training with the professionals, see how dedicated the guys who make the roster are: showing up early to the rink on game days, dedication to fitness on off-days, etc

After running into injury issues, they decided to keep him around for a few more games, as a warm body who understood the system well enough, they decided it may be beneficial. After last game they decided it was time to return him to junior, which was always the plan, it just ended up being a week later than they expected due to injuries.

They explained to him what they expect from him, and Boucher told him he hopes that he makes the team next training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad