Dreger: Flyers gauging interest in Scott Laughton

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s definitely the type of player Vegas will have an eye on. Especially with Stephenson’s crazy low contract getting ready to expire. They’d add him, and then have him as insurance if Stephenson leaves. He fits what they do as well.

Doubt they’d spend a crazy price but they have a few NHL ready youngsters, and draft capital to spend. Which they will do, to defend their Cup.

They’re one of the few teams who we may see overpay, but doubt it’s on a rental. Laughton fits what they’re after. So does Hanifin. Especially with their d-core injuries. In fact, they have to be at the top of the list for Hanifin. For more than just that reason…. They can fit him too, with the cap going up.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm worried the Pens will take a shot at him because the Pens seem to like to pay top line prices for middle six players.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I actually think the Leafs are gonna be very interested in this one. Especially because he has term and isn't a rental

Reactions: captainpaxil

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yes I know this is not a good trade, I am just curious what the red wings or flyers would need to add to be anywhere near close.

PHI
maatta+veleno

DET
Laughton

Again, no need for flaming, I am just asking if that is a base would something be worked out with picks or what? I am trying to find interesting ways to bring up edvinsson and I'd rather have a scrappy center vs veleno right now.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yes I know this is not a good trade, I am just curious what the red wings or flyers would need to add to be anywhere near close.

PHI
maatta+veleno

DET
Laughton

Again, no need for flaming, I am just asking if that is a base would something be worked out with picks or what? I am trying to find interesting ways to bring up edvinsson and I'd rather have a scrappy center vs veleno right now.
I don't not like Veleno for Laughton as the basis for the trade. Is Maatta for cap? He is definitely not a need for the Flyers.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
They were offered a 1st?!
Yup. Confirmed by a few beat reporters

PHI
maatta+veleno

DET
Laughton

I’d do it. I think Veleno is a bit redundant with Poehling for us but worth a shot. We need centers

Laughton for Kakko
Easy yes

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I don't not like Veleno for Laughton as the basis for the trade. Is Maatta for cap? He is definitely not a need for the Flyers.
Not for cap, moreso to create space for our AHL Defenseman Simon Edvinsson. We could find someone else to trade maatta, too, I was just thinking of a 2 for 1 type deal. If he is completely not needed at all, then take him out and add a pick? What pick would it need to be?

Reactions: BernieParent

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Not sure if you’re Detroit, you add a Veleno in a trade for Laughton. Maybe if you’re going Cup shopping but Detroit isn’t there yet. A lot of people forget Veleno is still pretty young, and he’s taken some big steps the last calendar year. He’s turning into a good player, and he hasn’t seen his ceiling yet.

The problem including him in a deal for Laughton is, in two years, he’s probably as good as, or better than Laughton, and he’ll only be 25..

So for example, if I’m Colorado and had Veleno, I’d include him in the trade. Not so sure Detroit would, or should. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t like Laughton in their lineup, just think they’d choose different chips to acquire him. Too good of a bet, Detroit would look back at the trade and question why they did it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Have to think he’s worth 12 x 1st rounders and a conditional 3rd
Depends on the conditions.

Not for cap, moreso to create space for our AHL Defenseman Simon Edvinsson. We could find someone else to trade maatta, too, I was just thinking of a 2 for 1 type deal. If he is completely not needed at all, then take him out and add a pick? What pick would it need to be?
Thanks for your response. A 3rd would be a pretty good deal for the Flyers; realistically a 4th.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad