GDT: Flyers at Leafs Feb 15 7:00 pm TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I wouldn’t say they’re underperforming. Ottawa and Buffalo are underperforming and I’d say those metro teams are exactly what I expected them to be.
Well maybe to you , a serious fan who follows closely. But to the average fan they see Crosby/Karlsson , Ovi/Wilson , Sorokin/Barzal and they think how the hell are they trash?

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I think this is a good matchup for the Leafs right now. They should win this one.

I stand by my narrative that the Leafs perform poorly not against 'bad' teams as many say...but it is the younger teams...the teams that have raw talent but are hard skating/fast skating teams that the Leafs have trouble with.

If the Leafs have to actually TRY to outskate a team, they seem to not do well. This Philly team? I think they don't have to 'try' too hard to outskate them, so I expect a Leafs win.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
startinggoaliesfeb15~2.png

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don't really think that there is a good matchup for this team. The recipe has pretty much been the same for this team. If they show up, work hard all game, they have a very good chance of winning. If they don't show, or only show for part of the game, they have a good chance of losing. This team defeats itself, as often as other teams beat it.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Hopefully Marner and nylander and even Tavares are healthy for this game because if that’s the case, win or lose it’ll be entertaining

Wins are always entertaining

A loss will start fueling a “do we need 4 guys making x amount” on this board with Marner and Tavares getting heat. That should be entertaining to see too

Reactions: ACC1224

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hopefully Marner and nylander and even Tavares are healthy for this game because if that’s the case, win or lose it’ll be entertaining

A loss will start fueling a “do we need 4 guys making x amount” on this board with Marner and Tavares getting heat. That should be entertaining to see too

Hopefully they make the right decision about playing or not. Just getting over the flu, could have them down on energy and ability. If they aren't 100%, just sit another game.

""

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well maybe to you , a serious fan who follows closely. But to the average fan they see Crosby/Karlsson , Ovi/Wilson , Sorokin/Barzal and they think how the hell are they trash?
I wouldn’t consider them to be trash. The other teams have moved past them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't really think that there is a good matchup for this team. The recipe has pretty much been the same for this team. If they show up, work hard all game, they have a very good chance of winning. If they don't show, or only show for part of the game, they have a good chance of losing. This team defeats itself, as often as other teams beat it.
They show up and play hard most nights, however they tend to struggle against speed and quickness even when they play their best game.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn’t say they’re underperforming. Ottawa and Buffalo are underperforming and I’d say those metro teams are exactly what I expected them to be.

Ottawa and Buffalo are not under performing, they are performing the way they always do?

How can you say they are under performing when one team has been shit for nearly a decade and the other is on a historic playoff drought that shows NO signs of ending anytime soon?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Under normal circumstances I'd agree but if Nylander, Tavares, Marner and Rielly don't play then it might be tough.
I feel that this team can win even when missing some of those higher tier players. I know people like to hate on this roster or parts of it, but I feel it is style of play that hinders this team the most. And I do not mean game plan, I mean player situational awareness and individual decisions.

If they are able to play a simplified and controlled game they are more than good enough to beat all but the top tier teams imo.

The problem as I see it, is that this is even MORE true when we have our full lineup because if we are keeping things tidy and not gifting the opponent chance after chance and the top end skill will more often than not, persevere.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

You know if they play and lose that will be proof to some that they aren't needed.
Entertaining for sure, always cracks me up :laugh:

You hate to use 'simpletons' but.......

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I feel that this team can win even when missing some of those higher tier players. I know people like to hate on this roster or parts of it, but I feel it is style of play that hinders this team the most. And I do not mean game plan, I mean player situational awareness and individual decisions.

If they are able to play a simplified and controlled game they are more than good enough to beat all but the top tier teams imo.

The problem as I see it, is that this is even MORE true when we have our full lineup because if we are keeping things tidy and not gifting the opponent chance after chance and the top end skill will more often than not, persevere.

Some of them yes, we saw that against the Blues but ALL of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad