GDT: Flyers at Leafs Feb 15 7:00 pm TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Fortunately I have a lot of family around GTA , likely to stay over whether by car or rail might even indulge in a 15$ beer or two, if that’s what they are going for these days.
A little bit more if you are going for the large draft.

Reactions: hullsy47

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Fortunately I have a lot of family around GTA , likely to stay over whether by car or rail might even indulge in a 15$ beer or two, if that’s what they are going for these days.
Never been to the ACC but everywhere else I've been is 15 usd for the large cans. I've only been to games in the states

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
These games where the lineup is in chaos really intrigue me. As long as Matthews isn't sidelined I think we take this. Flyers are one of those teams that don't get enough credit as our rival. I still remember that Roenick shot in the playoffs like it was yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-15-07-14-42~2.png
    Screenshot_2024-02-15-07-14-42~2.png
    214 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
These games where the lineup is in chaos really intrigue me. As long as Matthews isn't sidelined I think we take this. Flyers are one of those teams that don't get enough credit as our rival. I still remember that Roenick shot in the playoffs like it was yesterday.

View attachment 819954

Me too. That was the last moment before the league went to shit.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is Philly really better than the Leafs or they riding the Torts bump and will fall off next year.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Is Philly really better than the Leafs or they riding the Torts bump and will fall off next year.
I think it's a combination of things. Getting Couturier back is huge. There's a center every coach in the league would love to have on their team. What a throw back love his game. Konecny is another one of those players you hate but would love to have on your team he's real menace. Farabee and Tippett have started to pop and overall I think their roster is underrated due to lack of star power but Torts is showing why hes worth the big bucks.

Also many contending teams in the Metro have turned into complete ass this year. It's an interesting division right now. A lot can change between now and next year so the Flyers maintaining success is a good question. I'd bet on Torts keeping them competitive.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Flyers work hard, but there is very little talent there. Although the Flyers are good on the road, the Leafs should win this one.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Flyers have some good young talent. Frost, Tippett and Konecny are all really good.

The D are shit and Ersson is 3rd option guy is most nhl teams.

We are missing most of our top guys so should be a tough game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think it's a combination of things. Getting Couturier back is huge. There's a center every coach in the league would love to have on their team. What a throw back love his game. Konecny is another one of those players you hate but would love to have on your team he's real menace. Farabee and Tippett have started to pop and overall I think their roster is underrated due to lack of star power but Torts is showing why hes worth the big bucks.

Also many contending teams in the Metro have turned into complete ass this year. It's an interesting division right now. A lot can change between now and next year so the Flyers maintaining success is a good question. I'd bet on Torts keeping them competitive.
The only team in the Metro that is disappointing in NJD and they’re right there battling for a spot.

The Flyers work hard, but there is very little talent there. Although the Flyers are good on the road, the Leafs should win this one.
The Leafs don’t have a lot of talent either. This would be a tough game even if everyone was a full strength.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
NJ , Pittsburgh, Washington , Islanders are all under performing.
I don't think anyone expected anything from the Capitals or Islanders this season, so I think they are right where they should be in the standings. I would suggest that Pittsburgh is also where many of us expected them to be. But Jersey has definitely been a disappointment. Significant injuries and bad goaltending are not a good combination.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Fingers crossed Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Matthews are all good to go tonight. If not, hopefully we know early enough so I can find a pigeon to sell my tickets to.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I don't think anyone expected anything from the Capitals or Islanders this season, so I think they are right where they should be in the standings. I would suggest that Pittsburgh is also where many of us expected them to be. But Jersey has definitely been a disappointment. Significant injuries and bad goaltending are not a good combination.
Eh I would say that Caps and Pens were expected to bounce back and retool around their superstars but obviously it's not in the cards barring deadline moves.

The Islanders are hovering .500 and I would think with one of the best goalie tandems in the league they would have made something of themselves by now. They just got bag skated by Roy after a terrible game against Seattle.

Back to my original point that Philly is benefiting from a weak division this year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
NJ , Pittsburgh, Washington , Islanders are all under performing.
I wouldn’t say they’re underperforming. Ottawa and Buffalo are underperforming and I’d say those metro teams are exactly what I expected them to be.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Eh I would say that Caps and Pens were expected to bounce back and retool around their superstars but obviously it's not in the cards barring deadline moves.

The Islanders are hovering .500 and I would think with one of the best goalie tandems in the league they would have made something of themselves by now. They just got bag skated by Roy after a terrible game against Seattle.

Back to my original point that Philly is benefiting from a weak division this year.
It's pretty open in the East this year.

If I had to rank the top 5 it would be

Fla
Bos
NYR
Car
Tor//TB

But all the teams have their weaknesses. Fla is the team I would least want to play.

With just over 30 games left, there is a glimmer of hope that the Leafs can figure something out and take advantage of the parity

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
NJ is one of those teams that could get hot, get Hamilton and a few others back, and ride that streak into a couple of rounds

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Me too. That was the last moment before the league went to shit.
Yup, same. I think because it was the end of a UP era for the Leafs.

We were just in the the conference finals in '02, lost to the Flyers the season previous in the first round and of course beat the Sens again in that season to setup a rematch with the Flyers.

I remember being VERY disappointed in that series loss... not even knowing then I would not see another until 1962 2013. With the lockout the following season and the cap in place going forward, boy did things change!

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
100%.

NJ is one of those teams that could get hot, get Hamilton and a few others back, and ride that streak into a couple of rounds
With a torn pec muscle, I think Hamilton may still be a long way away from being able to come back. It will be interesting to see if Jersey uses his LTIR space to acquire Saros.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but if Nylander, Tavares, Marner and Rielly don't play then it might be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad