The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Who is the Bruins’ MVP? It comes down to Charlie McAvoy vs. Brad Marchand

Who is the Bruins’ MVP?

• Total voters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Who is the Bruins' MVP? It comes down to Charlie McAvoy vs. Brad Marchand

upload_2021-5-7_19-58-37.png
upload_2021-5-7_20-0-19.png

Reactions: Spooner st

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
Those last few sentences I disagree with - Bergy will stick around for a few more years and Mcavoy will be the next Captain at that point. Marchand is looking as good as he ever has, hope he continues this in the playoffs!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Marchy is clearly the MVP of the Bs this season. Heck, take away the gaudy numbers of players in the North due to facing largely junk defenses, and Marchand gets the Hart IMO. All 4 of the listed players are crucial to the Bs chances of going deep into the playoffs. Any one of the three skaters goes down, and the Bs all of a sudden have a pretty major problem in terms of winning a Cup due to depth problems, combined with the loss of a key player.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Marchand is the MVP for the team but I would go with Bergeron for second on the team. This season he is first in Plus/Minus, PP goals, and Faceoff %. Second in Goals, Points, SH goals, and SH points. Third in PPG, Even Goals, Even Points, and Game winning Goals. Fourth in assists and PP points. He has been very underrated for this team this year.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
The best 200 foot hockey player today.

No question

Bradley Marshmont

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McAvoy has had an amazing year but this is a no brainer.

I don't really think he has.

This was suppose to be the year he would be unshackled because of Chara's absence. But I haven't seen that much improvement, even from his rookie year. Needs to make better decisions, much like most 23 year-old defensemen in the NHL.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Those last few sentences I disagree with - Bergy will stick around for a few more years and Mcavoy will be the next Captain at that point. Marchand is looking as good as he ever has, hope he continues this in the playoffs!
I thought so too about McAvoy being captain after Bergeron, but then they gave an A to Carlo during the season and not to Charlie, so who knows?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I don't really think he has.

This was suppose to be the year he would be unshackled because of Chara's absence. But I haven't seen that much improvement, even from his rookie year. Needs to make better decisions, much like most 23 year-old defensemen in the NHL.
I agree with this post 100%.

McAvoy is a solid top pair D-man, but the consistency isn't quite there yet.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
“I don’t like Marshmont i don’t understand him i don’t even know why he’s on the team!”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad