The Athletic - Boston Fluto: If the Bruins want Jack Eichel, they need to act fast for the Sabres’ disgruntled center

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
There’s only 2 players in the entire NHL I would trade McAvoy for and Eichel definitely isn’t one of them.

Pastrnak and something for Eichel would be good value hockey wise, but the fact that Pastrnak costs 30%+ less makes it not make any sense for the Bruins.

Eichel is going to NYR or LA

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You are mixing the two, Prospects will need to go the Sabres way and I hope the kid is not one of them.

If you’re trading Pastrnak + Carlo, the only prospects I want included are coming from Buffalo. There’s not a snowballs chance in hell that Eichel (with all his issues) costs a package of a top 5 winger in the game + a steady and young top 4 defenseman + prospects.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If you’re trading Pastrnak + Carlo, the only prospects I want included are coming from Buffalo. There’s not a snowballs chance in hell that Eichel (with all his issues) costs a package of a top 5 winger in the game + a steady and young top 4 defenseman + prospects.

You may be right but If you wanted to see Jack in b's uniform and I do we can forget it

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pasta makes sense as the ask from Buffalo - but no way Sweeney goes there. The money and the roster management just doesn't make sense for Boston.

Here's hoping Eichel flexes a little bit of control over his situation and makes it home. Know his NMC doesn't kick in for a bit, but there are ways of making intentions known.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but I'd also think that the Bruins would need to overpay to get him simply based on the optics.

After getting fleeced in the Hall/Bjork deal, there is no way Adams, as a former Bruins draft pick, can trade Eichel here without having the chance at winning the deal by a fair margin.

It doesn't matter that he never played here --- he just can't risk losing two trades to a division rival in 3 months time.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
How people can be ok with Trading Pastrnak for Eichel in here is nutty to me.

Pastrnak is better than Eichel right now, and his cap hit is far less.

Center is a more important position than wing, so if that’s your argument I can respect that, but I just don’t get the fascination.

Eichel is a great player, he is not worth his brutal cap hit, nor the pieces it would take to pry him out of there.

It’s a fun thought though

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not a chance the Sabres get full value for Eichel with his public musings of wanting out, his rich contract and injury concerns. Not a chance in hell of Boston trading Pastrnak or McAvoy for him, zero chance. If something like this was to go down it would likely be a package of #1 draft picks, top prospects and a decent roster player. The Sabres are looking at another rebuild, this is the direction they want to go in. All that being said I think Eichel goes to the Rangers and the Bruins resign Krejci and Hall.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don’t see how it can work out at this time

I don't see why it has to either.

Hall has given us a second line. I think this roster as it stands contends again next season, so I wouldn't go making major changes. Obviously the lack of prospects is concerning, but they can get 2-3 years of contention from this roster, and if Swayman is the real deal they can use Rask's money as well.

Let someone else overpay for Eichel.

Reactions: inactive user

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see why it has to either.

Hall has given us a second line. I think this roster as it stands contends again next season, so I wouldn't go making major changes. Obviously the lack of prospects is concerning, but they can get 2-3 years of contention from this roster, and if Swayman is the real deal they can use Rask's money as well.

Let someone else overpay for Eichel.
We are 100% in agreement

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He'll be labeled a bad locker room guy with no friends, who regularly shuns the weight room...:laugh:
Nope they will say he screwed the Bruins in 2019 Cup run by breaking bone in hand with childish goofing around on playoff eve

and last year got covid and hurt hip when camp opened up

Bruins will call him immature and help in screwing them out of Cup

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
so why don't you tell us what you know?

I will. And before there is any doubt @Gee Wally can confirm every last word because we have been discussing Mick's article since May 4th. I'm pissed that Mick is being dragged through the mud on some social media.

Mick got word of a meeting between Eichel and his agent Peter Fish on March 26 where a discussion took place about his injury. When all was said and done, his dad stood up and said "he will never play for the Sabres again."

A week later, they met with Kevyn Adams and they shut Eichel down for the year.

Mick was given the information with the agreement that source would remain anonymous and Mick gave him his word.

The Times sat on it because they could not confirm and Mick would not name his source. As soon as Eichel's statement came out they posted it. If they had posted it when Mick submitted it, he'd be thanked and not slung through the mud.

Don't take my word for it and it. But you can take Wally's.

Mick.jpg

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
what happens if Jacky boy doesn`t like the ice time distribution when Butch pushes Kuraly over the boards before him?
:sarcasm:

I get that Eichel has played for an inept organization but I still feel this is a guy who has an attitude, maybe I`m way off base

There’s definitely some shit to question. If the Sabres org was so inept why sign a long term extension to start with?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The media was so ridiculous to promote this nonsense story about Eichel. Maybe they needed attention bc the amazing 2nd line was getting so many headlines. The Eichel move made no sense, 10 mill for an injured player that didnt work with Hall in buffalo. moving on from Krejci and his 100 plus point pace for that? I don't care if eichel and and his 10 mill contract are unhappy in buffalo either.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eichel is a pass from me unless he can use his NMC to force his way here for Kuhlman and a 2nd ala Hall

There isn’t a planet in the universe where I’d give up McAvoy or Pastrnak for him. Let alone add to them. A serious neck injury and $10 mill AAV? Yeahhhhhhhhhh hard pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad