The Athletic - Boston Fluto: I am done with faceoffs in hockey

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I am done with Fluto in hockey.

damnnn you beat me to it. Watch out for Wally, fastest gun in the East.

the quickness of the moderator was still talked about this day

This sounds like an idea you have when intoxicated and it sounds really good then you realize you only thought about it just about to the end of your nose

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In next weeks article, Fluto will discuss why we have penalties at all in the game. Make the game like UFC, everything is legal, this way no whistles!
Just the opposite. In his world if you dare to touch an opposing player it's a 5 minute minor. If you actually hit someone or give him a "dirty look it's 10 minutes to a game misconduct at the discretion of the referee after he watches video of the infraction to see how significantly it may have hurt the other players feelings. Oh and sticks should be made of dried loofah to minimize injury!

Reactions: lopey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The one thing I would change is having D zone center needing to have their sticks down first.

This has caused too many restart puck drops. Truly annoying

Just go back to both sticks down and drop the puck. Keep it simple

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The one thing I would change is having D zone center needing to have their sticks down first.

This has caused too many restart puck drops. Truly annoying

Just go back to both sticks down and drop the puck. Keep it simple

Just go back to the old days and put the puck on the ice and both sticks on the ice. f*** that dropping it stuff. Put the puck on the dot, get your linesman ass out of the way and blow the whistle and let it happen.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just go back to the old days and put the puck on the ice and both sticks on the ice. f*** that dropping it stuff. Put the puck on the dot, get your linesman ass out of the way and blow the whistle and let it happen.

What would be cool was if they did this but the centers and everyone else had to line up as their own blue line. Blow the whistle and they both have to try and light each other up going for the puck.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site

Thank you Dr!! At least you've offered a solution, with a tad of tongue and cheek.

Faceoffs are a joke. obstruction and linesmen kicking out one or both participant(s) on virtually every faceoff are just a few of the issues. It needs to be examined. It disrupts the flow of the game.

Yes, we can all tweet creative insults . . .does that mean we don't have a solution to an aspect of the game that is losing the "art" that Bergy and others displayed just a few short years ago?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
And this is why I never listen to anything Fluto says. It’s like he never watched hockey until he was assigned to the Bruins. Awful take, and honestly this guy never says anything worth a damn.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Face-offs from a rules perspective has become on of the most convoluted and overthought aspects of the NHL game. It should of never become this complex. Was there an issue with the way they did face-offs back in the 80s/90s that required much tighter rules? So what guys cheated on FO, you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
And this is why I never listen to anything Fluto says. It’s like he never watched hockey until he was assigned to the Bruins. Awful take, and honestly this guy never says anything worth a damn.

I think it is actually true that he wasn't a hockey guy basically until he started writing about it.

I wish they'd hire a guy like Dom Tiano or Mick Collageo, but not sure they'd even want it. That would be true knowlwdgabke and insightful coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad