GDT: Florida Panthers do Buffalo Wings: We Will Learn Patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Nice game tonight all around. Very impressed with Hunt. Smart player, strong on his skates along the boards plus he ain't slow. Easily bodied 215 lb Kane off the puck and Kane took a hard slash at the back of Hunt's legs (no call). As someone mentioned, he is very calm with the puck and didn't force any passes. I think he sticks for the rest of the year on the top 9. If anyone heads back to Springfield when McCann is healthy it will be Brickley.

Matheson used his smarts tonight and used his wheels to move the puck up ice and play defense. That is his biggest asset and he hasn't been using it. Cats did catch a break tonight with 3 of the Sabres defenders out with injury. Certainly the fact that Sabres are not a fast team other than 1 or 2 guys leveled the ice to allow the Cats to pressure the puck in all 3 zones. Tough game going into NJ who have lost 4 straight and they are rested. :)

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Damn fell asleep during this exciting, instant classic of a game.

anyway,
good f***ing win.

frnXxyM.gif

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Nice game tonight all around. Very impressed with Hunt. Smart player, strong on his skates along the boards plus he ain't slow. Easily bodied 215 lb Kane off the puck and Kane took a hard slash at the back of Hunt's legs (no call). As someone mentioned, he is very calm with the puck and didn't force any passes. I think he sticks for the rest of the year on the top 9. If anyone heads back to Springfield when McCann is healthy it will be Brickley.

Matheson used his smarts tonight and used his wheels to move the puck up ice and play defense. That is his biggest asset and he hasn't been using it. Cats did catch a break tonight with 3 of the Sabres defenders out with injury. Certainly the fact that Sabres are not a fast team other than 1 or 2 guys leveled the ice to allow the Cats to pressure the puck in all 3 zones. Tough game going into NJ who have lost 4 straight and they are rested. :)

This is all you had to say, this game is over

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Nice to see a win for a change. Wasn’t able to watch the game but it sounds like we played well.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
only caught the last 10 minutes or so. 1st line seems to generate good to great chances almost every shift. it's remarkable. still some really sloppy defensive play down the stretch but happy to hear matheson looked better.

just wanted mention that the sabres color guy relayed a comment by boughner i thought was interesting. gist was that he was shocked by how much the coaching staff has had to work on fundamentals with the young players - passing, shooting, body position. stuff he took for granted in SJ. not sure if that's been more widely reported.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We would’ve won 4 to -1 if we had Gudbranson

I always knew you really were a fan of Gudbranson.

It'll be interesting to see if you interview / talk to our captain next season. Will you straight up say you suck? ;)

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Good win, a solid game by everyone really. Hopefully they can build on it.

I was impressed with Hunt. Bob did good putting him on the Trocheck line during the 2nd period. Guess he saw what we could see, that he was very responsible defensivly, has good speed and works really hard. Moving up from 4th to 2nd line gives him a better chance to play his game. For now looks a better callup then Balisy. Hopefully he keeps getting a shot to succeed.

By the looks of things, Matheson had a good rest from not playing last game and get back to his best. I just hope he can keep that up and this wasn't a one off. Entire D kept better shape and positioning. Lou had very few hard saves to make this game. Barkov line back to their best too, dominated the entire night...obviously Sabres had their issues on D as well, so that probably did contribute a bit. Still, love how they play together...like I mentioned before, it's like the HBJ 2.0. :)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Happy i did it most in time, comeing back late from concert so no chance for me to saw the frist 5 Minutes. But the Rest of the Game.
Overall a good Game our TopLine earns now what it means to have that name, they gettting better and better Game by Game.
For me the best defensive Pairing, no matter that they still young, are Weegar and McCoshen. These both together are really good.

Still open 2nd Line current, Trocheck has a hard life hope Hunt/Trocheck find something that he get another Winger on the Line he can work with. For Hunt first NHL game he looked pretty good, not so nervous, he can skate and has some good steps, he also can play on the Boards and that against Buffalo. Where you always have a hard time on the Boards, cause its Buffalo Game to play there.

Loungo make that one save that give your Team the win, that was a glove save not see so often.
So i hope we can play again that kind of Game on both sides and swim on the Wave in the New York State.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Good game, certainly aided by Buffalo's d missing regulars.

The first line was outstanding.

Trocheck, Hunt, Bjugstad played well.

The fourth line was ok. Haley took a bad penalty but was bailed out.

Ekblad, Matheson, Yandle, Pyksyk were solid. Weegar has too many brain farts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad