GDT: Florida Panthers do Buffalo Wings: We Will Learn Patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Why isn't McCann playing? Why is the coach calling this 4th line good? Sigh

Both have been bad. Tallon has a vendetta and its ****ed us.

Tallon is faaarrr from perfect. From mistakes from his first stint as GM, to his second run at GM. Favoring his own guys over newer guys that played bigger roles on the squad.
However, not to beat that dead horse again, after years of sucking building his team and at least finding an above average coach we undo quite a bit of it in one year. Which sucks cause now Tallon wants to shift back a tad to his old view of how the team should be built and we are in coach purgatory.
Don't recall this level of sarcasm from him last year when we had confusion in the FO. Remember when other GMs didn't know who to talk to in our FO? Or when Cifu was boasting about how smart they were, and attacking fans who disagreed with their view? It was amateur hour last year from the guys calling the shots.

PsychoPanther

Dec 8, 2016
FL
real fans
About those "real fans". Just looking at the numbers. Before they won the Stanley Cup, the attendance numbers were pretty much the same as the Panthers. They got the cup and boom... significant increase in attendance. Then season 08-09. They sucked badly, attendance dropped.
Season 10-11. They started playing better. Result: attendance started to increase.
I doubt their fans are more real, than ours. It's more about owners and management.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
About those "real fans". Just looking at the numbers. Before they won the Stanley Cup, the attendance numbers were pretty much the same as the Panthers. They got the cup and boom... significant increase in attendance. Then season 08-09. They sucked badly, attendance dropped.
Season 10-11. They started playing better. Result: attendance started to increase.
I doubt their fans are more real, than ours. It's more about owners and management.

Yup. Helps they are also bolstered by legit star players.

Though look at the long arc of Yzerman there, owners never panicked over the GM or sought to undermine him. They gave him the $ and time to correct issues without overreacting.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yup. Helps they are also bolstered by legit star players.

Though look at the long arc of Yzerman there, owners never panicked over the GM or sought to undermine him. They gave him the $ and time to correct issues without overreacting.
Vinik is the biggest difference maker between the two teams. An owner that lets the hockey ops do their thing and doesn't want to stay in the spotlight unless he needs to. Viola/Cifu are like the complete opposite.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Boughner is not the main the problem imo. the owners self imposed cap and gutting the team and not getting adequate replacement is causing this nightmare! on a side let's look at buffalo. all the talent in the world, good goaltending with a new coach and system and they are struggling too! some times it takes time, but i think the sabres will turn the corner before we do!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Working an on call shift 5pm to 2am all week. Lucky enough to listen to Buffalos radio feed.

It's -10 up this way boys and girls so hell has frozen over so I expect a win tonight! Have a few beers for me, you know who you are! :cheers:

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
d5bc8421f54c219127a700d937b2af0a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad