OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Note: Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn.

So far:
#1: Roberto Luongo
#2: Keith Ballard
#3: Paul Laus
#4: Jay Bouwmeester

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
How is this not close

Speaking only for myself, it's closer than the poll looks. A vote for Ekblad doesn't discount the great years Murphy had with the team. Choosing between Shep, Horton, Barkov, and even (personal nod) Hortichuk for the number 16 might be even more contentious.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Gord for me. Bit of Panthers furniture. The idea that we skip numbers and just vote for who is current in the team makes me sad :(

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
How is this not close

Murph's seasons were all good, from '94 - '98. His '99 season was not good.

Ek's had a season and half so far, and they've been great. Then if you want, you factor in he was 18 in his first season (whether some think its fair or not, it's fact).

Another factor I'd point out is Murph's -16 rating over his time here, while Ek has a +29 rating in his short time.
I know it's more of a team sport, but it's quite a range betwen the two.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
this is the answer. As great as Ekblad has been in 1.5 years, he isn't the best panther to wear #5. Gord was a very good player for a long time. I have no doubt that Ekblad will be the best #5 in team history, but as of this date, Gord Murphy was better.

Gord for me. Bit of Panthers furniture. The idea that we skip numbers and just vote for who is current in the team makes me sad :(

Are we voting on length of service and total points scored, or the best all round play during their tenure?

In my previous post I noted that the +/- between the two is quite a bit in favour of Ek.

I don't think a player should be punished in the polls because they haven't put as much time in as another player.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Are we voting on length of service and total points scored, or the best all round play during their tenure?

In my previous post I noted that the +/- between the two is quite a bit in favour of Ek.

I don't think a player should be punished in the polls because they haven't put as much time in as another player.

But no one sheltered Gord during his time here.

Eks was sheltered all last year and for the first 24 games this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad