Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
PLOT TWIST:

ansar khan just gave out the practice lines today:

dbc - lark - ray
copp - compher - veleno
perron - ras - Sprong
kost - czar - fischer

interesting...3 centers, including one that is outperforming everyone in the circle...is a winger?
Thanks for posting this, though probably belongs in the 23/24 season thread.

Anyways, I'd like to see what Compher and Joey can do together, so I like that aspect. One step closer to Veleno/Compher/Sprong, which is what I want to see. Letting Joey play winger is a smart move either way, I think that'll really open up his offensive game.

Copp though.... lol. Watch him keep his 2nd line role with a whole bunch of secondary assists by cycling the puck, but not making any real plays.

Edit: Changes only happen when the team loses, and unfortunately it'll probably take a bunch of them before Copp finally gets dropped down to the 3rd line where he belongs. The fact that he's overpaid is a sunk cost at this point.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
The team needs a shakeup, in a matter of a week in half we went from thinking were ready for the Playoffs, to looking like a lottery team. The Cat and Larkin need to wake up and do something. I don't ecpect them to score every game, but that's now 4 games where they've been invisible.

Call up Edvinsson and waive one of the old plugs on D, it's time. It's also time to get Raymond out there on the PP. If not, they need to give the 2nd unit a chance to generate something. PP1 was going on yesterday for 1:45, leaving the 2nd unit with nothing. I don't know how long it's going to take this team to realize that Raymond needs to be on the ice on the PP. That's where he excels.

November is gonna be rough. The schedule after the Sweden trip is difficult, this team is in jeopardy of plummeting down the standings, but I guess we're all ok with it considering this is year 8 that we've been bad.
It may be rough, but remember the cup is never won in October, but it is often lost in October. And this year we definitely didn't lose it in October. I never thought we were a playoff team, but the hot start had me thinking maybe; now they have fallen back to what I had expected. I would say better since so, a definite maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad