GDT: FLORIDA MAN; Game 11 vs FLA

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
whole team has been off last few games. raymond needs to start scoring some goals along with ras, comph. seider needs to start shooting on the pp. teams knw he wont shoot so dont bother covring him.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Detroit has to be one of the worst teams in the league with the goalie pulled. Usually ends up getting scored on.

This team is mediocre just like last year after a hot start.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Debrincat played better in this one. Larkin kind of looking like crap the last few games though.
Secondary offense does feel lacking without guys like Fabbri/Berggren.
On the other hand we played a close game against a SCF team. A bounce or two and we get a point or two. Next game is important though, lose that and our ”good start” is pretty much gone.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Bruins being elite with Zacha as their center playing 20 mins a night.

star-wars-revenge-of-sith.gif

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
They were riding a hot powerplay early in the season. What else were they doing well?

Those powerplay stats weren't going to last.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yeah Compher is fine, Copp is Copp. Once we can slide them down into where they belong it will be less of an issue.

Really need another prospect push here soon.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Yeah Compher is fine, Copp is Copp. Once we can slide them down into where they belong it will be less of an issue.

Really need another prospect push here soon.
Yeah, I am not saying Compher is bad but it's a stretch to have him in the top 6. Copp just sucks.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
DBC Larkin Kasper
X Danielson Raymond
Compher Veleno X
Ras Copp X

Walman Mo
Edvinson X
X Ghost

and things start to look a little better

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
DBC Larkin Kasper
X Danielson Raymond
Compher Veleno X
Ras Copp X

Walman Mo
Edvinson X
X Ghost

and things start to look a little better

I'm not sure who you have in mind for the X's, but thinking Kasper on the top line makes things better is madness. Though he looked good in preseason Danielson jumping to second line center is right behind it.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I'm not sure who you have in mind for the X's, but thinking Kasper on the top line makes things better is madness. Though he looked good in preseason Danielson jumping to second line center is right behind it.
No but I definitely agree edvinsson should be on this roster on the 2nd pair minimum. I wouldn't even mind playing him with seider and move wallman down to 2nd pair to give it a look. Our biggest issue the past stretch has been poor transition. Edvinsson is a huge upgrade in that capacity over the others not named seider. I think every game he doesn't play is killing out long term outlook on playoffs and that's on Stevie.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
No but I definitely agree edvinsson should be on this roster on the 2nd pair minimum. I wouldn't even mind playing him with seider and move wallman down to 2nd pair to give it a look. Our biggest issue the past stretch has been poor transition. Edvinsson is a huge upgrade in that capacity over the others not named seider. I think every game he doesn't play is killing out long term outlook on playoffs and that's on Stevie.
Don't get me wrong I'd like to see Edvinsson playing up here but more than anything I want whatever is best for his long term development.

I also think people are overrating him a bit based on a good preseason. I don't follow the Griffins so can't say, but unless he's dominating in the AHL there's no way you bring him up and split up the Walman Seider pairing.

I'm guessing the thinking is they don't want to bring him up until he can at least handle a 3/4 role. You definitely don't want to call him up up and have him playing Maatta minutes.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
IMO DBC looks like a he lost a gear compared to 1st few games

3rd line is solid, ras-veleno-sprong will go off for some goals soon IMO, hope they give that line a few more games.

Copp lackluster offensively.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, if we ever get a lucky bounce.... that doesn't happen at Florida games.
Sprong to crossbar and Rasmussen to post against empty net.

Would have changed the game...

Also this streak playing against Vezina goalies is very frustrating, and the streak sill goes on.

- Hellebuyck
- Boston duo
- Sorokin
- Bobrovsky
-------- becoming:
-Boston duo
-Shesterkin

After this, it's MTL/CBJ/OTT/TOR/NJD

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I was at the game last night and we were massively outplayed in the 1st and moderately outplayed minus like a 7 min stretch the rest of the game. This team is a desperately missing some Ed breakout skills right now. They were only connecting on 10% of their passes last night and repeatedly gave away the puck in the neutral zone. Seider and Veleno are the only two guys that didn't look like they were asleep. Losing faceoffs kills this team too. They aren't good enough to get the puck back.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad