Speculation: Fleury to MIN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It’s not 3.5 it’s 6.25. Fans on HF don’t seem to understand money at all. That is a lot of dough for a second and a 6th. Jesus, Gretzky was sold in his prime for 15 million. This is a second round pick.
Did you really just question someones understanding of money and then use a transaction from 30 years ago as a comparable?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s not 3.5 it’s 6.25. Fans on HF don’t seem to understand money at all. That is a lot of dough for a second and a 6th. Jesus, Gretzky was sold in his prime for 15 million. This is a second round pick.

We understand it. We just don’t worry much about billionaire wallets.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I was very clearly referring to the cap hit per year.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Fleury at 50% is not going to cost a 6th. It will cost a decent to good asset to get Det to make that deal. The flip will cost both teams.
Vegas would be the team paying the majority here to move Fluery's cap # not MN. At most I could see the Wild maybe sending a 4th but more like a 5th or 6th. Vegas would need to send a 2nd and 3rd to Detroit to take on Fluery before flipping to MN @50% retained.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would think 3.5 million dollars in retention for two years would cost more than a 2nd, and I would think that Fluery at 3.5 Million would have more than a few teams making that call. Some trades that I see being fair strictly on value.

Trade 1:
MAF + VGK 2020 2nd to Detoroit
Minnesota’s 3rd next year to Detroit
MAF(2.25 million retained) to Minnesota

Trade 2:
Fluery + Krebs to Minnesota
Future Considerations to Vegas

Trade 3: (Vegas Misses out on Pietrangelo)
Glass + Fluery (1 million retained)
For
Dumba

I’m having a hard time reconciling trade 2 and trade 3.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m having a hard time reconciling trade 2 and trade 3.

I agree it's kind of wonky that we're placing Dumba's value as the difference between Glass and Krebs plus 1M in retention. I do like Glass more than Krebs, but Dumba should be worth more.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would think 3.5 million dollars in retention for two years would cost more than a 2nd, and I would think that Fluery at 3.5 Million would have more than a few teams making that call. Some trades that I see being fair strictly on value.

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

For
Dumba
the 2nd one is the only one that Minnesota even considers

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
the 2nd one is the only one that Minnesota even considers
I would consider both of the first two, it’s just hard to do the 2nd one as we’d be sealing the deal on not competing until we get Fuery of the books/Find miracle way to move Parise

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Did you really just question someones understanding of money and then use a transaction from 30 years ago as a comparable?
I actually did yes there is a thing called inflation for sure but from Gretzky to a second round pick?

Billionaires become billionaires by not being stupid with their money and that proposal would be a stupid waste of 6.25 million dollars.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would consider both of the first two, it’s just hard to do the 2nd one as we’d be sealing the deal on not competing until we get Fuery of the books/Find miracle way to move Parise
All 3 are terrible, but the 2nd one is manageable if the wild love Krebs.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I actually did yes there is a thing called inflation for sure but from Gretzky to a second round pick?

Billionaires become billionaires by not being stupid with their money and that proposal would be a stupid waste of 6.25 million dollars.

Vegas can give them two 2nd rounders then.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If Guerin takes on more than 50% of Fleury's salary he's Pejorative Slured. He would just gift Vegas a window to sign Pietrangelo.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

For
Dumba
I like Trades 2 and 3 but not sending a 3rd to detroit for them to only retain 2.25m. If Vegas wants out of that contract to pursue Pietrangelo then they will need to provide more to cover the retention on MAF.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
The one Knights fan earlier said Vegas would be willing to part with their 1st to get all of his hit off the books. If Detroit wants more value, then:

VGK 1st+MIN 6th to Detroit
Future considerations to Vegas
Fleury (50% retained by Detroit) to Minnesota

Feel like Fleury with 50% retained should return better than a 6th from Minny. VGK 1st + MIN 3rd seems fairer

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Feel like Fleury with 50% retained should return better than a 6th from Minny. VGK 1st + MIN 3rd seems fairer

You can have a MIN 5th instead.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
You can have a MIN 5th instead.

I mean technically he'd have to waive his NTC to Detroit to facilitate this. If Minny only offering a 5th on the backend of the deal Wings probably end up just keeping him

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean technically he'd have to waive his NTC to Detroit to facilitate this. If Minny only offering a 5th on the backend of the deal Wings probably end up just keeping him

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And Fleury probably doesn't waive for that

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's also possible/likely that he only waives with the understanding that he ends up in Minnesota (or wherever) and not Detroit. I guess it's possible Yzerman pulls a fast one on him and just refuses to complete the second part of the trade, but that seems unlikely.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's also possible/likely that he only waives with the understanding that he ends up in Minnesota (or wherever) and not Detroit. I guess it's possible Yzerman pulls a fast one on him and just refuses to complete the second part of the trade, but that seems unlikely.

I don't know exactly how it would work, but my guess would be that Guerin files a very valid grievance of some sort, and Yzerman would lose a lot of respect from other GMs. Fleury would also probably have some sort of grievance given he thought he was going to Minnesota, now he's stuck in the sewer of the league.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Yeah my bad I meant to add an lol at the end, wasn't really being serious. It would all be negotiated and agreed on beforehand

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't know exactly how it would work, but my guess would be that Guerin files a very valid grievance of some sort, and Yzerman would lose a lot of respect from other GMs. Fleury would also probably have some sort of grievance given he thought he was going to Minnesota, now he's stuck in the sewer of the league.
Right, it wouldn't happen which is why this talk of Minnesota paying the intermediary is silly. If Fleury's willing to come here and we're willing to take him, Vegas is the team that needs to grease that wheel. There seem to be plenty of alternatives for the Wild.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
He wants to stay in vgk.

He would be dumb not to have minny on his list

He knows Guerin very well, & Guerin knows him. Also gets to play behind a legit d, & most important of all start, not backup

If Vegas keeps him, Guaranteed vegas season next year will go down the tube really quickly because of locker room problems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad