Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So he likes it here, that's cool. Must be that amazing locker room of ours :D

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Terrible. What is with Minnesota and terrible GMs?

Also I'm wondering if Guerin isn't panicking because he's hoping Kaprizov is stuck in Russia for three years

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
On the flip side, to be fair, everybody and their grandma knew how Guerin felt about Fleury. He said very early on that he really wanted him back. He said that in the post season interviews too. It wasn't a secret. If Talbot or his agent had an issue with it, shouldn't they have maybe given BG a little notice about that? Maybe had a conversation about it?

Yes, we saw that Talbot was mad in the playoffs, but he did kinda imply afterwards that everything was fine.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
On the flip side, to be fair, everybody and their grandma knew how Guerin felt about Fleury. He said very early on that he really wanted him back. He said that in the post season interviews too. It wasn't a secret. If Talbot or his agent had an issue with it, shouldn't they have maybe given BG a little notice about that? Maybe had a conversation about it?

Yes, we saw that Talbot was mad in the playoffs, but he did kinda imply afterwards that everything was fine.

Maybe you're more willing to let it go when it's just for a month or so. That was before Guerin really went hard into the "we want him back" talk, so it's understandable that he could be upset, but still say "it's fine" just to keep a positive narrative around it for the fans and the rest of the team?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought it was going to be worse. Not a Fleury fan, but can live with 3.5M.

Talbot has to compete for a spot just like everyone else on the team. If he doesn't like it, then trade him to TO or EDM, who would welcome him and his contract with open arms.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
A top five pick? They picked Pouliot last time.

This deal makes no sense for anyone. Talbot is as good as Fleury, but even if he weren't why would you pay for someone better when you didn't sign your best expiring free agent, won't sign a top free agent, can't add an impact prospect and have zero chance of being better than you were last season?

Minnesota sports --- very glad this is the only team I care about

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
A top five pick? They picked Pouliot last time.

This deal makes no sense for anyone. Talbot is as good as Fleury, but even if he weren't why would you pay for someone better when you didn't sign your best expiring free agent, won't sign a top free agent, can't add an impact prospect and have zero chance of being better than you were last season?

Minnesota sports --- very glad this is the only team I care about

And Gaborik the time before.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad