GDT: Flams vs Canes 1PM

Aug 3, 2010
Don't think Calgary takes this - not due to Bennett replacing Monahan, but due to lack of overall chemistry (Bennett on top line, Hrivik debut) and perhaps some complacency/lack of focus for certain players looking towards to the break.

Still hoping for the win.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If they wanted to win Sam Bennett would never play center again. It's not my fault your limited hockey knowledge and inability to see beyond his draft position make you blind to his obvious flaws. In addition, I never even mentioned Jankowski. I think Backlund deserves the opportunity before anyone.
Yeah, it's just me that thinks Bennett could be a centre at this level. It's not like an actual NHL organization believe the same thing.

Oh wait.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, it's just me that thinks Bennett could be a centre at this level. It's not like an actual NHL organization believe the same thing.

Oh wait.
Yeah, it's not just you. It's a small "special" group.

Aug 3, 2010

Oh wait.
An appeal to authority doesn't mean much. We're talking about (a group of) organizations who frequently mishandle players, whether it's overplaying rookies (Oilers), coaches who are too heavily biased towards certain players (Vigneault, Tanner Glass) or playing all-star, elite superstar players in completely incorrect positions (Ovechkin, Iginla on the right win experiments), etc.

I don't have a dog in this fight between you two, but just wanted to point out that there are plenty of armchair GMs who pick on the inconsistencies and perceived wrongdoings of a team even when they're doing great. Nobody is infallible.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
staj.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
An appeal to authority doesn't mean much. We're talking about (a group of) organizations who frequently mishandle players, whether it's overplaying rookies (Oilers), coaches who are too heavily biased towards certain players (Vigneault, Tanner Glass) or playing all-star, elite superstar players in completely incorrect positions (Ovechkin, Iginla on the right win experiments), etc.

I don't have a dog in this fight between you two, but just wanted to point out that there are plenty of armchair GMs who pick on the inconsistencies and perceived wrongdoings of a team even when they're doing great.
Yeah, the Bennett question boils down to an opinion. Which is fine either way. The only problem is when caustic types go over the top. It shouldn't matter whether Bennett helps the Flames win as a centre or as winger, so long as they win.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To me, Bennett’s biggest flaw is his shot and his finish. If he could ever develop that more, he would be a top end player. He has way to many shots flub off his stick.

On a positive note, him and Johnny look great.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, the Bennett question boils down to an opinion. Which is fine either way. The only problem is when caustic types go over the top. It shouldn't matter whether Bennett helps the Flames win as a centre or as winger, so long as they win.

Honestly I think it comes down to affecting chemistry the least. The Janks line played in the AHL and had chemistry. The Backlund line is playing well. Really your just taking Bennett and plugging him in Monahans spot. It makes sense.

Reactions: Calculon

Aug 3, 2010
Didn't realize Darling was in net. Think this tilt should fall to Calgary - he's been having a less-than-stellar year even behind that defence, and Calgary doesn't lack in finishers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad