GDT: Flams @ Nucks Apr 15/24 8pm MST

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
You know my opinion mate. I speak my mind, even if the majority disagree. If I see an nhl player, I will say it. I watched Montreal and our national hero Mr Slaf scored 20th of the season, 30th assist. 50 pts for a player who just turned 20. Now that's an nhl hockey player right there :) Also, Lane Hutson is another up and coming player- great talent but that's not for this thread 😀

Both amazing tank commanders for 2024/2025 season!

It's all good, I totally get it. I don't think we're going to be gangbusters next year so I still would be up for giving Wolf a solid chance with the big club over most of the season and maybe some of the next since he's so young. But I am mildly pessimistic as I think the upper net is more exploited by NHL calibre players let alone its superstars. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: joescores

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Hello gang. I join you in game chat, but just wanted to share something personal. My cat of 13 years Hopscotch is declining fast. Bladder cancer and kidney disease, so I'm quite sad. I'm not married, just me and her that live together. I'm blessed to have had her for 13 years, but I will lose her sometime soon. I'm prepared, but I'm not prepared. As you may or may not remember, I had her as a cutout in the Saddle Dome during the Covid season, so she's a Flames fan as well.
Hug your pets tight for me tonight. :heart:
View attachment 853360
Hey, sorry to hear of this news, Booms.
I've been a cat person my whole life, but got more and more allergic as the years have gone on so after our old fella had to be put down 2 years ago with a brain tumour and incessant seizures we never got another.

I hope you can enjoy what time you do have left with your little pal. The cutout picture is spectacular btw.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Hey, sorry to hear of this news, Booms.
I've been a cat person my whole life, but got more and more allergic as the years have gone on so after our old fella had to be put down 2 years ago with a brain tumour and incessant seizures we never got another.

I hope you can enjoy what time you do have left with your little pal. The cutout picture is spectacular btw.
Thanks my friend. Means a lot. Yeah and I have the cardboard cutout in my house. $100 went to charity and after the season, they sent it to me. Pretty awesome. Just wish a random player would have signed them.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
It's all good, I totally get it. I don't think we're going to be gangbusters next year so I still would be up for giving Wolf a solid chance with the big club over most of the season and maybe some of the next since he's so young. But I am mildly pessimistic as I think the upper net is more exploited by NHL calibre players let alone its superstars. I guess we'll see.
Exactly. Plus I don't believe he is 183cm tall, no chance. NHL players often inflate this metric...Banking on him being even an effective player (not a star) is a disastrous idea- IMHO. I am prepared to eat the crow and apologise, of course :) Issue is, if Marky goes, Vladar won't challenge Wolf enough. We should get rid and look into market- but we know this is not happening as I think Connie wants to tank. Fine with it...

Reactions: Tofveve

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Thanks my friend. Means a lot. Yeah and I have the cardboard cutout in my house. $100 went to charity and after the season, they sent it to me. Pretty awesome. Just wish a random player would have signed them.
Oh yeah that would have been a nice touch.
It brings me joy just looking at it. Cool you still have it.

Cats in clothes is so ridiculous, it always makes me laugh. Those little Halloween costumes where it looks like they're walking w a gun/knife etc are always good for a chuckle.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
What are you guys look forward next re Flames?

I can't wait for the lottery! I am really angered by our naivety re those last 2 wins which have been nothing but a detriment to our higher chances winning it or draft higher but it is what it is. We have to manage it elusively and have a blue print next season if in a similar position (which I think will be the case).
I look forward to the draft of course, have a sneaky feeling Marky's trade will improve our draft options...Hopefully the scouts do the business.
I am also willing to give a chance to Honzek and not because I am his country comrade. If he is a bust- I will say it, no issue. So hoping for a good camp from him and a great season wherever he plays next.
I am also hoping for Coleman to become a C once we trade Backs and hoping we can resign Kuzy and Sharan.

That's in a nutshell!

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Lindholm was celebrating like an ass- and he didn't even score lol. In soccer, if you score vs your old team, you don't celebrate.

Donkey.

Pospi has to work on his shot. Become more prolific infront the net.

• Love

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Lol that was funny. Way to go Raz. Can you guys tie a tie? I've done it a couple of times, but I need a guide lol.

Pretty sure you can find a step by step online

I prefer the once over under vs the double whatchamacallit

We're getting pummeled

And does Coleman even hockey anymore?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
What are you guys look forward next re Flames?

I can't wait for the lottery! I am really angered by our naivety re those last 2 wins which have been nothing but a detriment to our higher chances winning it or draft higher but it is what it is. We have to manage it elusively and have a blue print next season if in a similar position (which I think will be the case).
I look forward to the draft of course, have a sneaky feeling Marky's trade will improve our draft options...Hopefully the scouts do the business.
I am also willing to give a chance to Honzek and not because I am his country comrade. If he is a bust- I will say it, no issue. So hoping for a good camp from him and a great season wherever he plays next.
I am also hoping for Coleman to become a C once we trade Backs and hoping we can resign Kuzy and Sharan.

That's in a nutshell!
I’m looking forward to Murray Edwards not accepting that this is a brutal team, demanding we spend to the cap, bringing in 30+ year old FA’s on inflated retirement deals, finishing in the 11th draft slot next year, giving that pick to Montreal.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I’m looking forward to Murray Edwards not accepting that this is a brutal team, demanding we spend to the cap, bringing in 30+ year old FA’s on inflated retirement deals, finishing in the 11th draft slot next year, giving that pick to Montreal.
Yeah, plus he shot himself in the foot with that silly Marky trade rejection....

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I wish we could score prolifically like other teams

That's what I hope for next year

But honestly I do want to see Wolf get a solid shot at making this his club. I think it'll be fairly clear over the next few years if he can step it up and be elite

I almosr forgot Mangi is still on this team. Wow

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I wish we could score prolifically like other teams

That's what I hope for next year

But honestly I do want to see Wolf get a solid shot at making this his club. I think it'll be fairly clear over the next few years if he can step it up and be elite

I almosr forgot Mangi is still on this team. Wow
That 35g campaign is a distant memory at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad