Rumor: Flames will not trade Jacob Markstrom before trade deadline

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I get why they drafted Samuel Honzek but you are down on him ironically for the same reason Ritchie slipped and the Flames didn't need ASP in their system and Moore looks more like a middle 6 center than a top 6 one.

Alot of teams passed over Ritchie and they will be sorry if he pans out.

To me it's not just making the playoffs but giving the young guys a taste and then knowing what they need to work on.
Huh? We didn't need ASP? Our best D prospect at the time was Poirier. We needed C and D prospects. We didn't need wing prospects.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Huh? We didn't need ASP? Our best D prospect at the time was Poirier. We needed C and D prospects. We didn't need wing prospects.
ASP is kind of a 2.0 version of Poirer and sure every team needs centers and d but they pick what they think is the best player available.

Samuel Honzek being injured this year doesn't change that.

But then again sometimes hindsight it 20-20 that may be why you named 3 players instead of 1.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
ASP is kind of a 2.0 version of Poirer and sure every team needs centers and d but they pick what they think is the best player available.

Samuel Honzek being injured this year doesn't change that.

But then again sometimes hindsight it 20-20 that may be why you named 3 players instead of 1.
I don't think you realize how much work Poirier needs defensively. ASP is in a much different tier of prospect than Poirier is. He's closer to Quinn than he is to Poirier.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't think you realize how much work Poirier needs defensively. ASP is in a much different tier of prospect than Poirier is. He's closer to Quinn than he is to Poirier.
ASP isn't exactly the second coming of Brock Faber either there so I'm not really sure why you are brining this up.

ASP is quite small and some NHL teams passed on him as well, time will tell if he is closer to Hughes or whatever he becomes.

Teams also project players on how they will end up in the NHL and the smaller ice surface is a transition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad