Speculation: Flames to name captain soon?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Local talent, up&coming Dillon Dube. Done.
Monogan-has fizzled and not a long term solution anymore.
Tkachuk-tempting, but...will he resign long term,,or hold gasoline to the Flames backside at year's end?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Just put it on someone. I honestly hate that the last few years, the league has gone so hard on the "right fit long term or nobody" thing. Just name a damn captain, even if they aren't here or don't wear it long. I hate this modern thing of teams not having captains

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Just put it on someone. I honestly hate that the last few years, the league has gone so hard on the "right fit long term or nobody" thing. Just name a damn captain, even if they aren't here or don't wear it long. I hate this modern thing of teams not having captains

I don't think it's necessarily "right fit long term, or nobody" mentality, but I don't think any player should wear a "C" in this league who doesn't deserve to. In the case with the Flames, Backlund to me seems like the obvious default choice, longest-tenured, consistent player, positive guy, good with the media, etc., I just haven't seen him dig his heels in the way you expect a captain to when the team needs that hit, that fight or that goal. The Flames need a captain that the other players will want to rally behind, and I'm not sure anyone quite fits the bill to start the season. Watch it end up being Coleman.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad