GDT: Flames @ Stars - WCQF Game 6 - 7:30PM MST, SNW, FAN 960

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The guy that put together the Pacific winners?

Save your anger for the on ice performance.

Yeah I’m looking at you Chucky……

Just your typical Flames playoff performance.

Nothing ever changes.
The guy that has put together a team that has won 1 playoff series in 8 years. The guy that brought in Coleman, toffoli, Zadorov, Jarnkrok for the playoff experience and all have been let downs. Yes that guy deserves a ton of blame if this team fails yet again

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Hopefully we win game 7. I'm not exactly expecting a cup this season, but I expected at least a round one win. And this team NEEDS to prove they can do that. Even if we get knocked in the second round, at least it's over the hump and this group showing they can make some progress to build off of.

The Stars WANT this. We aren't showing we do. If we lose, I'm not going to be invested in next season at all. Doubt I'll even keep Sportsnet. Because if after the season we had, this group can't even beat a team that barely scratched their way into the playoffs, there's no point in me really caring anymore. And if we get eliminated on Sunday, I give Tkachuk his qualifying offer then try to trade him. He ain't worth 9+ for an 8 year extension if this is what we can expect from him in the playoffs, and we haven't been able to even win a round with him here

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Poor Bambi can't stay on his feet
giphy.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames,Oilers, Leaf’s all down to a coin toss

Only one combination would make me happy

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I think so a bunch of our poopness tn was due to the faceoffs, we got absolutely slaughtered. Cant play a puck possession game when you never start with it and always have to chase it down.

Reactions: Tofveve

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Was it game 2 where they showed Tkachuk getting a blade to his calf and needing attention....has anything been said about that? Is that whats been holding him back?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The LA Kings might have us beat, but after them, we have the worst top pairing in the playoffs. What a quick, sad fall from Gio-Brodie

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I honestly feel with Tanev suddenly gone it caused an issue with our defense. Keep in mind we were by far the bettr team in the first period but unfortunately didn't get the bounces. Let's hope he's either back in game 7, or at least we can adapt better knowing he's out indefinitely, rather than suddenly happening in the game.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The guy that has put together a team that has won 1 playoff series in 8 years. The guy that brought in Coleman, toffoli, Zadorov, Jarnkrok for the playoff experience and all have been let downs. Yes that guy deserves a ton of blame if this team fails yet again

Just to pile on a bit . . . Does Sutter ever see a reason to use a time-out? I've seen at least 2 glaring instances where it should have been used and there's likely been a couple of other times it "could" have been used. Does he need a bolt of lightning to be the sign? Also, he's got to shorten the bench earlier than when there's a minute or so left and we pull the goalie. Don't know why I'm seeing Yarncookie and Looch and other offensive dynamos with 3 and 4 minutes left and we're down by one. Stuff like that rustles my jimmies.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I honestly feel with Tanev suddenly gone it caused an issue with our defense. Keep in mind we were by far the bettr team in the first period but unfortunately didn't get the bounces. Let's hope he's either back in game 7, or at least we can adapt better knowing he's out indefinitely, rather than suddenly happening in the game.
Bounces?

lol after 7 games, if we lose, it’s not because of the bounces. Bounces is for 1 or 2 games. After that if you can’t figure it out, you are just not good enough.

I think we are down to drawing straw now

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Another thing, Bowness boring ass sticks and bodies on everything that moves hockey is probably how a team is supposed to play to win. Just most humans aren't sociopathic enough to inflict that product onto their fanbase or the league at large. :rant:

Reactions: TheHudlinator

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
After all the ribbing and goading I've done to Dallas and Edmonton fans in the last little bit... God help me if we end up losing Sunday's game. Yikes. I regret nothing though! 😁

• Love
Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Faceoff %

Jarnkrok 0/12 for 0%

Backlund 5/18 for 27.8%

Lindholm 12/27 for 44.4%

Dube 1/2 for 50%

Lewis 3/6 for 50%

Not neeearly good enough. Why is Jarny still in the lineup. And Backlund needs to be way better as does Lindholm. We're getting killed right off the hop.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I wonder what that idiot Parros will do to Zads. I think it was an unfortunate play but no malicious intent was present. We'll see what happens.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder what that idiot Parros will do to Zads. I think it was an unfortunate play but no malicious intent was present. We'll see what happens.
The league may as well announce you can’t hit anyone smaller than you

It would be a great day for Johnny though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad