Flames sign Ryan Wilson to a PTO

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Never got the love for Schlemko. Nice shootout goal, but other than that he was nothing special.

Also, meh move, easily the right thing to do, adds an extra body to training camp and brings some competition in.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Never got the love for Schlemko. Nice shootout goal, but other than that he was nothing special.

For a 3rd pairing guy, Schlemko wasn't especially sheltered nor did he need to be. He was usually out with the 4th line. Yet he was out there for 12 goals for and 7 goals against. He tilted the ice towards the offensive zone with a 5v5 CF% of 54.6%.

I would welcome Schlemko back any time ahead of Smid or Engelland. But those guys have big money deals with two years left each and he doesn't.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For a 3rd pairing guy, Schlemko wasn't especially sheltered nor did he need to be. He was usually out with the 4th line. Yet he was out there for 12 goals for and 7 goals against. He tilted the ice towards the offensive zone with a 5v5 CF% of 54.6%.

I would welcome Schlemko back any time ahead of Smid or Engelland. But those guys have big money deals with two years left each and he doesn't.

If Smid is healthy, he's potentially one of the best #5's in the league. Many forget how good he was even just 2-3 seasons ago. But yeah, if he's 75% or worse, it's not pretty.

Aug 21, 2014

Also, meh move, easily the right thing to do, adds an extra body to training camp and brings some competition in.

Local boy, no major gaffs. (That I can recall)

Plus say his name. Schlemko, SHHHHLEMKOOOOO. You just want to say it. :laugh:

Dead Cat Bounce

Dec 30, 2013

This.

Schlemko is easily an upgrade on Smid or Engelland in a system that values a quick transition game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad