Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Michael Stone 1 year 750K

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed defenceman Michael Stone to a one-year contract with a $750,000 AAV.
Stone, a native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, will play in his sixth season as a member of the Flames after being acquired via trade from the Arizona Coyotes on February 20, 2017. The right-shot defenceman skated in 21 games for the Flames a season ago, notching two goals, four points and six penalty minutes. Stone is an NHL veteran of 493 games with 128 points and 270 penalty minutes over his career.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
brokeback-mountain-brokeback-mountain-gifs.gif

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I honestly liked Stone last year but how many years are Kylington and Valimaki suppose to wait to gain real nhl experience. I'm so tired of hearing that they make mistakes then we give them no real time to learn, Sam bennett all over again

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Calgary Flames are entering Oiler/Buffalo territory for one of the worst run professional sports teams in hockey.

Absolutely disgusting off season.
Unfortunately they aren't we are the step above that which is straight up irrelevant, being absolutely trash atleast comes with a McDavid eventually.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I honestly liked Stone last year but how many years are Kylington and Valimaki suppose to wait to gain real nhl experience. I'm so tired of hearing that they make mistakes then we give them no real time to learn, Sam bennett all over again

I would have been fine with a Stone deal as a 6/7 if not for the Gudbranson signing right before hand. Other than Zadorov and Tanev the rest of our D are 24 and under. Stone is a decent PKer and not much else really.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would have been fine with a Stone deal as a 6/7 if not for the Gudbranson signing right before hand. Other than Zadorov and Tanev the rest of our D are 24 and under. Stone is a decent PKer and not much else really.

I completely agree if Stone was the 7th d man I would be fine but that means Gudbranson is playing most nights so gag me with a spoon.

The only thing I can think of is we are trading Andersson or Hanifin but for what idk

Reactions: Bounces R Way

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Stone looked pretty good last season, so for $750k there isn't much to complain about with this signing.... in a vacuum.
He is fine as a spare dman

anything more than that is a disaster waiting

I have no issue with the signing and Stone wants to be in Calgary so he probably would play for nothing for the rest of his career. After his playing days are done, they can promise to make him a team clown like Conroy or something.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
He is fine as a spare dman

anything more than that is a disaster waiting

I have no issue with the signing and Stone wants to be in Calgary so he probably would play for nothing for the rest of his career. After his playing days are done, they can promise to make him a team clown like Conroy or something.

Is that something you'd say to Conroy in person? If not why did you say it? Just so you know, you're not hurting Craig Conroy but you are hurting yourself and people's perspective of you. Building is far superior to tearing down.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Is that something you'd say to Conroy in person? If not why did you say it? Just so you know, you're not hurting Craig Conroy but you are hurting yourself and people's perspective of you. Building is far superior to tearing down.
Ok Craig, I would say it to you in person. If you are actually helping Treliving, I’d even think less of you:laugh:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Ok Craig, I would say it to you in person. If you are actually helping Treliving, I’d even think less of you:laugh:
And when you say that, he won't listen to your fantastic ideas for fixing the team! A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. ... In the most delightful way. An Eastern Mystic told me this deep advice after I gave him my lunch money and a pack of cigars.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad