Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Kenney Morrison

Trae

Calgary
@TSNBobMcKenzie: CGY is strong front runner to land college UFA right-shot D Kenney Morrison of Western Michigan University.

Was reading this article a couple days ago and was hoping we would go after him:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=758177

Kenney Morrison, Western Michigan (defenseman) -- Possibly the most-coveted free-agent defenseman, Morrison came back for his junior season despite getting some NHL attention after his sophomore year. He plays a ton of minutes and has pretty good quickness to go along with a bigger frame. He's been a weapon on the power play with one of the heaviest shots in college hockey. His season is over, meaning that he'll receive a lot of attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Another Alberta boy, interesting. Anyone have the scoop on him?

Per sureLoss:

From the back burner thread:\
\
D Kenney Morrison 6'2'' 205lbs Shoots R Age: 22 Junior\
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50034\
described as an excellent 2-way defenceman with size and good hands \
considered a "tremendous skater"\
has a pro-style shot - a "cannon from the point"\
attended the Oilers development camp in 2013 and Oilers reportedly pursued him hard last spring\
went to the Kings camp in 2014\
put up more points than fellow teammate Dekeyser in 2012/2013\
from Lloydminster, so Oilers and Flames might have an advantage if he wants to stay near home

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I worked with a guy at the pulp mill in Nanaimo called Kenny Morrison. I don't think this is the same guy, though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like attempting to pick up FA's like this, it gives us focus to find more quality forwards in the draft too.

Aug 21, 2014
Awesome, steal another College FA from the Oilers. (Brabant was the first I can recall.)

^ :laugh: FFF you and your forwards.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Anglesmith probably runs Boring Sean Monahan, he seems to have the perfect tone for it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad