Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Erik Gudbranson 1 year 1.95 mil

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Run and hide in the keep.

Erik Gudbranson is here to protect us!!

I think a lot of you guys are going to like Gudbrandson eventually. He's our Hodor.

hodor.gif

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So Gaudreau is going to just dangle for 30 seconds while he waits for Gudbranson to get into the offensive zone?

How soon we forget. We literally did that for a couple years. Wait around and pass to Johnny coming up the middle.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Are we expecting anything different from this organization than Kylington on waivers and Gudbranson starting on opening night?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This guy has looked horrible every game I've caught so far.
Why in God's name did you pay this guy 2 million? This is a PTO type player who if you want to keep around for 'intangibles' gets league minimum or spends some time down in Stockton as the sheepdog protecting the stock.

I also don't think anyone in the organization thought Kylington would take that next step and finally look like an everyday guy with even some more upside.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Why in God's name did you pay this guy 2 million? This is a PTO type player who if you want to keep around for 'intangibles' gets league minimum or spends some time down in Stockton as the sheepdog protecting the stock.

I also don't think anyone in the organization thought Kylington would take that next step and finally look like an everyday guy with even some more upside.

It really is baffling. The guy sat in FA all summer so I very much doubt he had the leverage to command that kind of salary. He should be a player fighting to stick on an NHL roster at this point. Instead, because of his cap hit (and perhaps his 3rd OA pedigree) he is 100% going to be given a leash of infinite length this season.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

ColorfulInstructiveCoypu-max-1mb.gif

This guy is how

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The rumour going around CP is that Darryl Sutter rang him on the day free agency started
That's not even a rumour. Guddy confirmed it himself that Darryl called him first day, and then called him regularly after until he signed here

Reactions: Mobiandi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad