Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Erik Gudbranson 1 year 1.95 mil

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I'm actually wondering whether Tanev might have any value in a package with picks/prospects for a top-6 forward. I don't think Tre (or Sutter?) is done quite yet.

I think Sutter is more likely to get rid of Andersson rather than Tanev.

Unless Fat Ras takes another step, he's kind of meh and not a Sutter player. Not tough, not a good skater, not a grinder, not much offense either.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
2022 season preview: test your might!

giphy.gif

Maybe we are also going old school with Gaudreau

giphy.gif

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'd be much more for this if we had moved Johnny, Monny, Chucky, Lindy for a ton of picks and blue chip prospects.
Easier to buy into a rebuild when its the right time.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
It makes sense if you think about it.

Hanifin - Tanev
Zadorov - Rasmus

Then you have a bunch of LD's in Vali, Mackey and Kylington.

Sutter is not going to play one of them on their off-side and even then any combo of these three lacks that Zadorov-esque nastiness he 100% wants in his bottom pair.

I'm not sure if there's anyone better available out there that fits the mold, so enter Gudbrandson and Stone. They dont have any RD in the system thats ready either.

Bottom pair will be on of Vali, Mackey and Kylington with one of Gudbrandson and Stone.

I guess Zadorov could play RD on the third pair, but he shoots left as has shown more than any of our LD's not named Hanifin, so he gets a top4 spot at least for now?

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
It makes sense if you think about it.

Hanifin - Tanev
Zadorov - Rasmus

Then you have a bunch of LD's in Vali, Mackey and Kylington.

Sutter is not going to play one of them on their off-side and even then any combo of these three lacks that Zadorov-esque nastiness he 100% wants in his bottom pair.

I'm not sure if there's anyone better available out there that fits the mold, so enter Gudbrandson and Stone. They dont have any RD in the system thats ready either.

Bottom pair will be on of Vali, Mackey and Kylington with one of Gudbrandson and Stone.

I guess Zadorov could play RD on the third pair, but he shoots left as has shown more than any of our LD's not named Hanifin, so he gets a top4 spot at least for now?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Tre is going to put either Andersson or Tanev in a package for a top-six forward.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving has a fetish for spared/bad dmen. How many has he traded for in his 7 yrs. We are lucky he didn’t give up anything except cap space for this turd. Dude needs psychological help.

With Sutter I doubt Kylington would see any ice time now. Maybe not even Valimaki.

Deadly combination. This era is coming to a crashing end quick, even if Sutter can squeeze something out of this group. There is no real future here.

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Brad Trevling and Darryl Sutter will crash this organization into the ground before they leave. And that is a good thing because we desperately need to rebuild.

Reactions: Volica and DFF

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I keep watching clips of Guddy on YouTube, trying to get excited about him lol he might not be a steal at 2M, but he is definitely going to help make the Flames tough to play against. Him and Zad.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Actual good silver lining; The Flames don't need to spend a 4th at the deadline to block Kylington from playing, they've spared the assets by signing their Defense first (See: poor defense but worse offense) guy to block Kylington and Mackey at the start of the season for no drat picks.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I wonder if the plan is to develop the young guys by sheltering them with some muscle and nastiness to give them a bit more confidence to take the next strides. Not actually a terrible strategy, if that's the case. Guddy knows both what it's like to be a top pick as well as what it's like to be a journeyman, and the young dudes could probably learn a lot playing with someone with that kind of experience, all before the age of 30. He seems a fairly decent guy to boot.

All that said, the forward group is a bit of a shit show. I really hope Tre has something else up his sleeve, or this is likely going to be a very long season.

Reactions: Nanuuk

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Actual good silver lining; The Flames don't need to spend a 4th at the deadline to block Kylington from playing, they've spared the assets by signing their Defense first (See: poor defense but worse offense) guy to block Kylington and Mackey at the start of the season for no drat picks.
Theyre gonna deal a pick anyway, probably for a 3LW or something.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Brad Trevling and Darryl Sutter will crash this organization into the ground before they leave. And that is a good thing because we desperately need to rebuild.
Would be kinda hilarious that both times Sutter leaves we have to rebuild. In all honesty as long as we don't give up futures or hand out big term contracts I'm fine letting Sutter and Tre bring in every available vet because when it fails there are no excuses left

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Would be hilarious if Gudbranson takes a run at Pettersson this season while Hamonic is on the ice.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

There's silver-lining to this.
These guys are going to butcher this roster so bad, that we'll be horrible just in time for Beddard.

Reactions: viper0220 and Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad