Confirmed with Link: Flames sign David Wolf

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Does he have poise wit the puck/can he score goals int he NHL? 17 goals in 2012-13 in the DEL. Not shabby, but DEL. I like his goal/PIM ratio though. They signed him because he's a maniac. Could be valuable as a Chris Neil type.

He had a decent wing in Flaake who was able to contribute the puck to him. Wolf will drive the net and doesn`t have hands of stone, but over the year he had quite a bit more O- Zone starts then D- Zone. All in all, I think he can put up some pts if they are patient with him and let him play with some player that is not a tool like McGratten.:p: Still, he is a 4th line player, thats pretty much it. He lacks the footspeed to be anything more, IMO.

JulianHopper*

Hopefully this won't turn into another disappointment like Roman Cervenka. I hope this is a good move for the Flames.

I also hope that Brad Treliving isn't the kind of GM that is looking for that diamond in the rough so to speak as those players nowadays don't really exist.

What the Flames should do this summer is trade some of the current prospects playing for the Heat because they should know them better than other teams by now.

TheClassicK*

Hopefully this won't turn into another disappointment like Roman Cervenka. I hope this is a good move for the Flames.

I also hope that Brad Treliving isn't the kind of GM that is looking for that diamond in the rough so to speak as those players nowadays don't really exist.

What the Flames should do this summer is trade some of the current prospects playing for the Heat because they should know them better than other teams by now.

No need to put any high expectations for this guy like we did for Cervanka though. Cervanka was signed to play a top 6 role but Wolf is not. Lower the expectations for these European imports, the better the result is what I'm thinking. At least we'll perceive it that way.:D

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He had a decent wing in Flaake who was able to contribute the puck to him. Wolf will drive the net and doesn`t have hands of stone, but over the year he had quite a bit more O- Zone starts then D- Zone. All in all, I think he can put up some pts if they are patient with him and let him play with some player that is not a tool like McGratten.:p: Still, he is a 4th line player, thats pretty much it. He lacks the footspeed to be anything more, IMO.
And your credibility just went to ****.

(1) It's McGrattan, not McGratten. Get it right.
(2) The only tools are people who thing he is useless because he is a fighter.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
He has said in interviews that he will be attending the summer came which I think is great, also seems to have a godo head on his shoulders. He wants to make the flames and going to do his best to do so, but knows there is a lot of competition and knows the possibility of playing in the AHL is a possibility

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC

Just a tip, you won't get many friends on our boards by calling McGrattan a tool.

This. Yeah you have basically made yourself Flames board public enemy #5 but calling McGrattan a tool :sarcasm:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
And your credibility just went to ****.

(1) It's McGrattan, not McGratten. Get it right.
(2) The only tools are people who thing he is useless because he is a fighter.

Oh, speaking of credibility, you still haven't been able to come up with proof that you have ever been to ONE Heat game live.

It's a big internet Abbotsford Heat, lots of spelling mistakes out there for you to correct. Keep up the good work!!

Oh, and thanks for helping identify which posters are tools.

Sanaki

Backhand!!!
Mar 31, 2014
Sienne
Oh, speaking of credibility, you still haven't been able to come up with proof that you have ever been to ONE Heat game live.

It's a big internet Abbotsford Heat, lots of spelling mistakes out there for you to correct. Keep up the good work!!

Oh, and thanks for helping identify which posters are tools.

lol, so the truth is out there. Ab-Heat has never attended a live game. Not once. Isn't that right, Ab-Heat?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
lol, so the truth is out there. Ab-Heat has never attended a live game. Not once. Isn't that right, Ab-Heat?
why do you bother quoting him? I have him on ignore for a reason, just posts useless garbage and tries to stir things up like he is doing there.

But for the record I used to have season tickets when I lived in Abbotsford, but haven't lived there in 2 seasons now. Since I have watched via AHL live, which is more than evident from the in game reports I have given through many of the games since I joined the board. But sorry I never brought old ticket stubs with me when I moved to Lethbridge.

I also never called the one guy out for never being to a game (because let's be honest, distance is a factor), I called him out for never spending a penny to watch the Heat (this includes AHL live). I have seen him discuss Heat players and it is painfully evident that he has rarely or never seen them play.

reign of fire

Jan 23, 2004
Just a thought.....
If this guy is that good, shouldn't he be playing for Germany in the WHC right now
Just sayin

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lol, he's suspended.... What do you guys think of signing Boyle from the Rangers? Overpay him to 2.5m, and then we can have a solid 4th line of Wolf - Boyle - McGrattan .... :handclap:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lol, he's suspended.... What do you guys think of signing Boyle from the Rangers? Overpay him to 2.5m, and then we can have a solid 4th line of Wolf - Boyle - McGrattan .... :handclap:
I'd prefer to make Bouma the 4th line centre and work hard with him on faceoffs. I love Bouma, but I prefer the idea of having a higher scoring player on the 3rd line.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I'd prefer to make Bouma the 4th line centre and work hard with him on faceoffs. I love Bouma, but I prefer the idea of having a higher scoring player on the 3rd line.
Is Bouma really effective at center? I've just always thought of him exclusively as a winger

Also I'm actually hoping Bouma will be able to produce 25-30 pts in the future with decent linemates. He's better with the puck than you'd think given his primary skillset.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is Bouma really effective at center? I've just always thought of him exclusively as a winger

Also I'm actually hoping Bouma will be able to produce 25-30 pts in the future with decent linemates. He's better with the puck than you'd think given his primary skillset.
It wasn't meant as a knock on Bouma in the slightest and he was a centre in the WHL I do believe. I don't think it would be difficult for him, he skates well, is sound defensively, he just needs to sharpen up on the draws IMO

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
your point? he still lost nearly 3/4 of them

My only argument I can possibly make (because so far you're winning :)), is maybe he needs more face-offs. I remember he was a center prior to converting to a LWer.

It would probably be better for the Flames to get him back on the FO dot and center Wolf and McGrattan, hoping that Baertschi can take the third line LW spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad