Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Chris Breen

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
More interested in seeing more of Cundari under Hartley rather than Russell really although I hope Russell surprises me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Besides, Russell has competed with Cundari in the past and St. Louis management must have felt he was more able. I agree regarding competition. Let them battle it out and have the chips fall where they may.
Russell is an established NHL player who has shown no significant improvement in his game for 2 to 3 years now. Cundari just finished his ELC and has been steadily improving. Comparing the fact they "competed" in the past is a damn joke since one player is an improving prospect and the other is an established NHL player that has remained stagnate for multiple seasons.

That's like saying Stajan is better than Backlund because they competed in the past and completely ignoring the fact Stajan is already at his peak and Backlund is still improving.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Russell is an established NHL player who has shown no significant improvement in his game for 2 to 3 years now. Cundari just finished his ELC and has been steadily improving. Comparing the fact they "competed" in the past is a damn joke since one player is an improving prospect and the other is an established NHL player that has remained stagnate for multiple seasons.

That's like saying Stajan is better than Backlund because they competed in the past and completely ignoring the fact Stajan is already at his peak and Backlund is still improving.

Russell will do fine. You are selling him short.

Guy plays hard, fast, and he's gritty and a good first pass. He'll be below average in front of the net and along the boards due to his size. But he'll do just fine under Hartley.

At 26 he's still young and developing as a defensemen. Not saying cundari won't surpass him someday, just that this idea of him being stagnant is likely untrue.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Russell will do fine. You are selling him short.

Guy plays hard, fast, and he's gritty and a good first pass. He'll be below average in front of the net and along the boards due to his size. But he'll do just fine under Hartley.

At 26 he's still young and developing as a defensemen. Not saying cundari won't surpass him someday, just that this idea of him being stagnant is likely untrue.
He's not that gritty. And as a fan who cheers for the Blues when the Flames are not playing I can say with confidence he has remained stagnant.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
He's not that gritty. And as a fan who cheers for the Blues when the Flames are not playing I can say with confidence he has remained stagnant.

I have a hard time believing you've seen him anymore then I have. Beyond that, I generally disagree with your assessments of the players on our roster. Not trying to be offensive, that's just my opinion.

I'll judge him further when I get to see him for a full season, rather then just a handful of times each year.

From what I've seen, I have a feeling I will be happy with Feaster acquiring him. Nobody even knew who Cundari was and look how great he looked over a small sample size. The blues are so deep that even their depth dmen look great on our backend.

I imagine he will be in our top 6, and if he's not then someone from within our organization is going to step up big this year. Which is just fine by me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad