Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
  1. Matthew Tkachuk (73.81%)
  2. Jon Gillies (54.00%)
  3. Mark Jankowski (54.39%)
  4. Oliver Kylington (45.95%:tiebreaker:61.54%)
  5. Hunter Shinkaruk (60.98%)

Run-off rules:

• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
  • If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
  • Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Well just as I was typing up a post the previous thread was closed (Thanks, Anglesmith)

I think it's way easier to rank our prospects by position than overall.

Agreed. I also like to isolate by tiers because the difference between 3 and 10 might be smaller than the difference between 10 and 11.

Goaltenders
McDonald
Gillies
Parsons
---------
Schneider
?Rittich? (never seen him play)

Defensemen
Kylington
Andersson
-------
Hickey
Kulak
--------
Ollas-Mattsson
Fox
Wotherspoon
Culkin
-------
Rafikov
?Falkovsky? Can't recall seeing him play
Morrison
-------
Kanzig
Bruce

Forwards
Jankowski
Tkachuk
-----------
Shinkaruk
Mangiapane
Dube
-------
Poirier
?Pribyl? Never seen him play
Klimchuk
Phillips
Tuulola
--------
Hamilton
Hathaway
Caroll
Pollock
Smith
-----------
Mattson
Karnaukhov
Lindstrom
Harrison

Based on my tier-ing, the vote at this point goes to McDonald, then Parsons, then Andersson, then the tier II D, then all the tier II forwards, then the tier III D, then the tier II goalies, then the tier III forwards, then the Tier IV forwards, then the tier V forwards, then the tier VI forwards, then the tier IV D, then the tier V D.

Then Matt DeBlouw.

Last edited:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Andersson for me, hard to ignore his tools and potential. Very hard to understand how someone could be so close to turning pro and making a career out of something, but seemingly lack the motivation to get into shape. He needs to get that figured out, which is the reason I almost didn't vote for him here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Andersson for me, hard to ignore his tools and potential. Very hard to understand how someone could be so close to turning pro and making a career out of something, but seemingly lack the motivation to get into shape. He needs to get that figured out, which is the reason I almost didn't vote for him here.
That's why I won't. I voted Hickey because I felt that is the only way he doesn't win. Ryan Howse 2.0

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Treliving already said he's confident that Andersson will be in proper shape as early as training camp, so clearly it's not that bad.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
I feel like you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Treliving already said he's confident that Andersson will be in proper shape as early as training camp, so clearly it's not that bad.

Drafted a year ago, and isn't in proper shape. Its an issue.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Of course he said that, what is he supposed to say?

"I think Rasmus is a fat **** and will never be able to get into shape."

The fact he felt the need to air it in the media tells me it's an ongoing thing and that they are concerned and are trying a little public embarrassment to get him going.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of course he said that, what is he supposed to say?

"I think Rasmus is a fat **** and will never be able to get into shape."

The fact he felt the need to air it in the media tells me it's an ongoing thing and that they are concerned and are trying a little public embarrassment to get him going.

Oh, for sure, but they are far from throwing him away, so why should we? Training camp here is the real measuring stick for me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh, for sure, but they are far from throwing him away, so why should we? Training camp here is the real measuring stick for me.
I'm not throwing him away, I am legitimately concerned. No way he should be ahead of guys like Hickey, Poirier, Klimchuk and maybe Fox if he can't show the same commitment levels as them.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The direct reports, for those who forget. Like me.

EARFUL FOR ANDERSSON

Friday is departure day for most of the Flames’ development-campers, but defenceman Rasmus Andersson might be sweating a bit before his flight home.

Treliving doesn’t often criticize players publicly, but he didn’t seem thrilled when asked Thursday about the conditioning level of the 19-year-old rearguard.

“A work in progress,” Treliving said, choosing his words carefully. “Ras and I are going to have a little chit-chat tomorrow. They’re young guys, and we all have kids that sometimes you have to tell and tell again. But also, there are times to be pros and doing the right thing. With Ras, the one thing (is) you watch him out on the ice and he’s got such calmness with the puck. He moves it like a pro. But there is more to being a pro than just skating around on the ice.”

Andersson was the Ontario Hockey League’s most offensive defenceman during the 2015-16 campaign, piling up 60 points in 64 regular-season appearances for the Barrie Colts.

It would be a surprise if he’s not playing professionally — likely at AHL Stockton — next fall, but his boss wants to see some strides in his fitness level first.

“We’re not in any position right now where we have alarm bells ringing off,” Treliving said of Andersson, who is currently listed at 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds. “But it’s time that, if in fact you want to be a pro this year, there are certain things and expectations, and we’ll go through those again.

“But I really am confident that he’ll show up in September looking the way he should look.”
http://calgaryherald.com/sports/hoc...der-matthew-tkachuk-inks-entry-level-contract

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the part that concerns me is that Treliving said he was going to have a chit-chat with Andersson, meaning he hadn't yet. It is not liek him to call a player out in public before talking to them. He was very clearly trying to send a message.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
That's why I won't. I voted Hickey because I felt that is the only way he doesn't win. Ryan Howse 2.0

The only reason is because of his tools and how intriguing his upside is, on the off chance he should figure it out, though I won't hold my breath at this point.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The only reason is because of his tools and how intriguing his upside is, on the off chance he should figure it out, though I won't hold my breath at this point.
His upside is marginally better than those players at best and if he can't commit he will never reach his upside.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Remember those reports of Johnny's Skittles diet and all the fuss that was made about that? Remember how it amounted to nothing?

Seems like there's a bit of overreaction going on about Andersson. I'm with AS, training camp is a better indicator in my opinion.

Anyways, Hickey.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Well just as I was typing up a post the previous thread was closed (Thanks, Anglesmith)

Agreed. I also like to isolate by tiers because the difference between 3 and 10 might be smaller than the difference between 10 and 11.

Goaltenders
McDonald
Gillies
Parsons
---------
Schneider
?Rittich? (never seen him play)

Defensemen
Kylington
Andersson
-------
Hickey
Kulak
--------
Ollas-Mattsson
Fox
Wotherspoon
Culkin
-------
Rafikov
?Falkovsky? Can't recall seeing him play
Morrison
-------
Kanzig
Bruce

Forwards
Jankowski
Tkachuk
-----------
Shinkaruk
Mangiapane
Dube
-------
Poirier
?Pribyl? Never seen him play
Klimchuk
Phillips
Tuulola
--------
Hamilton
Hathaway
Caroll
Pollock
Smith
-----------
Mattson
Karnaukhov
Lindstrom
Harrison

Based on my tier-ing, the vote at this point goes to McDonald, then Parsons, then Andersson, then the tier II D, then all the tier II forwards, then the tier III D, then the tier II goalies, then the tier III forwards, then the Tier IV forwards, then the tier V forwards, then the tier VI forwards, then the tier IV D, then the tier V D.

Then Matt DeBlouw.

Goalie|Potential|Stage|Low Sv%|High SV%|Avg SV|Last Season|Pro
Gilles|9|7|0.915|0.931|0.9254|0.920|1
Rittich|8|7|0.891|0.937|0.9169|0.919|2
Parsons|8|5|0.905|0.921|0.913|0.921|0
MacDonald|7|4|0.897|0.906|0.9005|0.902|0
Schneider|6|3|0.896|0.898|0.897|0.896|0.5

In the process of doing some analysis on the goalies and thought I would share. Average seasons do not include World Juniors, or small sample sizes under 20 games. Rittich is better than I thought breaking down the numbers then I looked at some highlights and he may be a good find. Would not be surprised to see Gilles and/or Rittich getting some games this season.

Gilles does not quite have the Corey Schnieder track record but he does outperform Quick, Bishop, and Jones on their timelines.

Rittich compares with all the goalies I just mentioned.

The more I read and watch about Parsons the more impressed I am with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad