Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Flames prospect rankings: #10

1. Matthew Tkachuk (73.81%)
  2. Jon Gillies (54.00%)
  3. Mark Jankowski (54.39%)
  4. Oliver Kylington (45.95%:tiebreaker:61.54%)
  5. Hunter Shinkaruk (60.98%)
  6. Rasmus Andersson (52.17%)
  7. Emile Poirier (35.00%:tiebreaker:59.52%)
  8. Brandon Hickey (37.50%:tiebreaker:56.76%)
  9. Andrew Mangiapane (44.19%)

Run-off rules:

• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
  • If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
  • Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Voted for Klimchuk again, despite knowing it would be a lot easier to set up the next poll if McDonald gets picked.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kulak

Then McDonald, Parsons.
Tuulola, Pollock and Dube in no particular order. Pribyl no idea.

Last edited:

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Starts getting hazy here. Went with Pollock but any of klimchuk, kulak, Fox, Tuulola, and Pribyl (kind of a wild card) are good

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Kulak or Wotherspoon

I like their chance better than Klimchuk in term of making it as role player.

None of them is going to be impact player anyway.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Kulak for me is the Dman version of Klimchuk. A good player, but I'd be shocked if he became anything more than a bottom 3 Dman.

I still think the potential of McDonald/Parsons/E2/Pollock weigh heavier.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
A good player, but I'd be shocked if he became anything more than a bottom 3 Dman.

Let's see:

Moves the puck out efficiently out of of the defensive zone like a top 4 Dman
Closes gaps like a top 4 Dman
Skates like a top 4 Dman
Was as an unripened 21 year old already reading plays as well as a good bottom pair Dman

--> shocked if he became anything more than a bottom 3 Dman.

:laugh: mmkay.

In order to be underrated, he has to outperform expectation?

What you fail to realize is that he plays in a league where a .900 is equal to a .925 in college, for a fundamentally awful team. Your expectation has to have a strong basis rather than a lazy analysis. If he were playing on a stacked team like the London Knights or a low shooting percentage league like Hockey East, his numbers would be "outperforming expectation" but he'd be the same player, which is a hell of a goaltender prospect with some minor, fixable flaws.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah I find Mason to be an interesting player. He was facing like 50 shots a game in the playoffs and they had a pretty weak team and almost won two rounds. Hard to look at stats in the Q. That league is just so wide open. He does look like an absolute wall at times. Other times he looks pretty bad though. Mental toughness is definitely going to be his biggest hurdle IMO.

As for Kulak. Yeah his skating is outstanding. He was a top pairing D on Stockton at 21. They were actually a really good posssession team (team couldn't score). He isn't going to light up the scoreboard. And his slapper is pretty weak. He's not a PP kinda guy. But 5 on 5 he's very effective.

But guys like him can win puck races, are strong positionally, and can skate and move the puck out of the zone effectively. There is a reason he made the team out of camp last year. His skating gives him a chance to be a very, very good player.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bottom 3:

Middle pair:

Top pair

So... no, you would be wrong if he becomes a #4.

Different definitions for different people, obviously.

Personally, if I say "bottom six forward" or "bottom three defenceman," I'm not talking about guys who aren't in the lineup.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Different definitions for different people, obviously.

Personally, if I say "bottom six forward" or "bottom three defenceman," I'm not talking about guys who aren't in the lineup.

Bottom three defensemen is not a normal term. Bottom pair is.

if you said "Bottom eight forwards" would I expect you to refer to two second liners, three third liners, and three fourth liners?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For some perspective, Klimchuk had 76 points in 72 games in his draft year. Dube put up 66 in 65 games in his.

I think Klimchuk is a more well rounded player, but I like what Dube brings. He has excellent speed, and I love the edge he plays with. He's a really fun player to watch.

I have no idea why Tuulola has votes and I'm the only one who has voted for Dube. That's hilarious actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna