GDT: Flames @ Preds, Halloween Edition - 6PM MT

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
2nd epic reverse jinx thread on the main board from me. Said the Flames weren't making the playoffs when we were down 4-1 against Colorado last year...

Your welcome guys :)

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I hope they can build some momentum from this. It's crazy what happens when you actually skate and compete hard, but they really keep shooting themselves in the foot with all the bloody giveaways.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Is the NHL going to correct the final goal? Lindy clearly got an assist there (and it even says Lindy had a 1G 1A night).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If we could play 60 minutes like we played the final 9 minutes, we’d be a really really really good team.

That's unrealistic. That said, I thought (and I feel confident saying this out loud only because spirits are high) that the Flames, as a team, started showing signs of playing the right way about 111-14 minutes into the game. They lost it at times, but from that moment on, I'd say we didn't collectively look like dogshit for any significant stretch of the game at all outside of very isolated individual mistakes that didn't reflect anything about the team. We also scored a goal, hit a couple of posts and were the only team drawing penalties during that time frame. I'd say that for a large portion of this game, the Flames looked perfectly capable of being a contender, though it's hard to see that when there are no results and the team is getting pounded on the scoreboard.

Games like this should be enjoyed thoroughly, regardless of how gloomy things were part-way through. We worry all the time that the players on this team can't do it, and games like these show us that they can. We worry that the coach doesn't have the room, and games like this show us that he can fire the boys up and make them play better. We worry that this team fades when things get tough, and games like this show us that they can rise to a challenge as well as anyone.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Didn't you want Peters fired half-way through the game? :laugh:
elmer-fudd-shh-be-very-quietjpg

Reactions: super6646

BleedOil

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton
Watched the game tonight. What a entertaining game. It ruined my night but wow, what a roller coaster of emotions in that game. Couldn’t imagine how you guys felt.

and wowww what a goal by Tkachuk...unreal

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I was at a friend's house helping them hand out candy so I didn't get to watch the game, just listen to it on the radio. Needless to say we were pretty frustrated until they tied it up, only to get pretty pissed off on that 5th goal against, only to get excited again on that 5th goal. We had to kick the kids off the tv for OT.

Obligatory

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Johnny was pissed this game and you absolutely love to see it. He finally showed some life

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I remember debating last season with some that Tkachuk was as skilled as Gaudreau, just not as flashy. I rest my case.

That has to be the Goty.

Reactions: DFF

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I remember debating last season with some that Tkachuk was as skilled as Gaudreau, just not as flashy. I rest my case.

That has to be the Goty.
Hey that goal was pretty flashy pal.

When Tkachuk is on his game (he was on last night, and it showed earlier when he was the only one) he's easily just as effective as Gaudreau. Possibly even moreso because there are benefits to his game when he's not on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad