GDT: Flames @ Preds, Halloween Edition - 6PM MT

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
14 games into the season, the Flames have been scary underwhelming. And being 2 points out of a divisional spot with only 68 games left, you have to think this team is in grave danger of not making the playoffs.

In two disappointing losses to the Jets and Canes, we saw the team disappear like ghosts in the third period. And coming under heavy scrutiny in recent times have been star players Johnny Boodreau and Sean Monsterhan.

Can the team snap out of their zombie-like daze and play to their full abilities? Tune in tonight

Last edited:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Well at least the Preds aren’t on a 4 game winning streak and Rinne isn’t starting coming off back to back shutouts, right?

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Looks like the top line reunited and Jankowski back in.

You can agonize all you want about what the issues with this team are but it all really boils down to this : As Johnny Gaudreau goes, so go the Calgary Flames.

giphy.gif

GO :flames GO​

Reactions: Tofveve

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau is a better player when he plays with Monahan, get over it.
I have to disagree, that top line outperformed the other configuration in terms of possession and scoring chances by a fair margin.

I think this tweak is a result of the coaching staff realizing that Monahan is borderline useless without elite wingers. Monahan got absolutely dominated facing weaker competition.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I have to disagree, that top line outperformed the other configuration in terms of possession and scoring chances by a fair margin.

I think this tweak is a result of the coaching staff realizing that Monahan is borderline useless without elite wingers. Monahan got absolutely dominated facing weaker competition.

Your bias is OKG level of hilarious, at least OKG's gimmick is funny. Gaudreau has been trash this year and anyone complaining about Monahan solely needs to give their head a shake, Gaudreau has been much more useless than Monahan.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah the new first line was ok but Monahan and Bennett line was useless

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Your bias is OKG level of hilarious. Gaudreau has been trash this year.

Gaudreau has been very poor this year, agreed. Team's have been playing him tighter than ever and he's gotten frustrated.. But he's been much better with Lindholm as his C vs Monahan, benefiting from the extra time and space Lindholm creates with his speed.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah but Nashville never wins at home against us

Forsberg back in for Nashville

lol

This is looking like one of those games that’s so heavily tilted in Nashville’s favor that we have to win

I’m parlaying a Flames win with a Qatar regular season soccer game and a Counter-Strike tournament in Copenhagen. It has to hit

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah the new first line was ok but Monahan and Bennett line was useless

Yeah they really need to figure out a way to get some secondary scoring that doesn't rely on the checking line. I still believe letting Gaudreau run with Ryan and Bennett gives the Flames the most depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad