GDT: Flames @ Preds, Halloween Edition - 6PM MT

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
In case it got lost in the madness I wanted to reiterate that I thought Jankowski did some good things last night and that he had a pretty solid game, especially on the PK

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
It's incredibly concerning to see how bad Hamonic has been

I wonder if we take a chance on moving him for a forward during the season; I would love to take advantage of a panicky Leafs team and move him for Kapanen who would really even out our top 9. But only if we picked up a 5-6 dman from another team. But Brad has no cap space

Reactions: Nanuuk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In case it got lost in the madness I wanted to reiterate that I thought Jankowski did some good things last night and that he had a pretty solid game, especially on the PK
I would humbly put forward that Lucic, despite not getting a ton of ice, had some really good moments this game, too. He was flexing his muscle in the offensive zone and extending possessions.

Reactions: Janks

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Gio slap pass to Quine for the goal. Is anyone talking about it??

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's incredibly concerning to see how bad Hamonic has been

If Brodie had given up that 2 on 0, I'm sure you would've seen reddit and CP demanding for him to be traded immediately, so that tells you all you need to know about that. Been a trend since the post season that our second pair is getting outplayed handily, and Hammer has provided next to nothing this year to make up for his horrible play all around (4 hits in 15 games lmfao). At least Hanifin can chip in offense here and there and is a somewhat physical presence...

Why Tre felt the need to rush him back into fold after being our worst dman in the post-season just dumbfounds me. It would've been such a Flames move to give Hammer an anchor and get a mediocre return for an actually decent dman.

I wonder if we take a chance on moving him for a forward during the season; I would love to take advantage of a panicky Leafs team and move him for Kapanen who would really even out our top 9. But only if we picked up a 5-6 dman from another team. But Brad has no cap space

Dubas wanted Brodie over Hammer, and it is starting to become clear why that was the case.

Reactions: Calculon and Janks

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If Brodie had given up that 2 on 0, I'm sure you would've seen reddit and CP demanding for him to be traded immediately, so that tells you all you need to know about that. Been a trend since the post season that our second pair is getting outplayed handily, and Hammer has provided next to nothing this year to make up for his horrible play all around (4 hits in 15 games lmfao). At least Hanifin can chip in offense here and there and is a somewhat physical presence...

Hamonic has been as legit bad or worse as you said he was last season lol. It finally lines up, you were just seeing the future.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hamonic has been as legit bad or worse as you said he was last season lol. It finally lines up, you were just seeing the future.

He was fine during the regular season last year. I wasn't giving him crap because he actually lived up to his billing and complimented Hanifin well. That post-season performance was something else though, and I haven't exactly been proven wrong given his play to start the year. He better get his head out of his arse real soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flames Fanatic

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
You need new glasses or your expectations are too low

I mean he’s a bottom 6 center at this point, not sure what expectations should be lol. Like I said he was good killing penalties and he didn’t hurt the team. I’d keep him in next game

Outside of one bad shift near the beginning of the third I thought he was good. I feel he gets an excessive amount of flack given how small of a role he has. I get that he has draft pedigree but he’s not going to be the big top 6 C we hoped for so we might as well start evaluating him for what he is

Also he has been putrid to start the year so yeah lol, not being putrid is a step in the right direction

Reactions: DFF

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk is the next captain of this team and his play last night proved why. He was practically off the bench as the sixth attacker before the puck even dropped after Nashville’s fifth goal. He drags guys into the fight and then comes through when it matters.

There is zero doubt him and Lindholm have been our top forwards.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad