GDT: Flames @ Predators, 6:00 PM Mt, SNET-Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think we played our way out of home ice now and have also allowed the Preds to get within a single point of us. The game in St. Louis is huge, they need to bring their best.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Welp, we're rolling back the clocks to the start of the season and losing games because of our PP actively hurting us again. Yaaaaaaaay...

Throw out the last 10 minutes when Nashville trapped super hard, I thought the Flames were the better team tonight 5-on-5. Instead of goals, they produced posts and PPs. If the other team keeps taking penalties instead of allowing goals, you have to punish them. Instead, those were the easiest 10 minutes of the game for Nashville.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Welp, we're rolling back the clocks to the start of the season and losing games because of our PP actively hurting us again. Yaaaaaaaay...

Throw out the last 10 minutes when Nashville trapped super hard, I thought the Flames were the better team tonight 5-on-5. Instead of goals, they produced posts and PPs. If the other team keeps taking penalties instead of allowing goals, you have to punish them. Instead, those were the easiest 10 minutes of the game for Nashville.

I can't disagree with any of this.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
shoot_self_in_foot.jpg

Flames had chances in the first (3 posts), but were unable to capitalize. They seemed to get progressively more sloppy after the first period. The PP tonight could've helped us to win, but unfortunately, it was garbage. 0/5 and pretty much looking awful on all of them. Boneheaded defensive turnovers directly causing goals against. The third goal against was especially comedic by the 3rd paring and co. Flames need to be much sharper next game.

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Did anyone play good, or was it just an all round **** show?

Hamilton was good but not his usual self. I thought Brouwer was better than average Brouwer, apart from a mind-blowingly terrible icing that shifted the momentum to the Preds before they scored their first goal. Ferland was good.

Everyone else was meh to bad

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Hamilton was good but not his usual self. I thought Brouwer was better than average Brouwer, apart from a mind-blowingly terrible icing that shifted the momentum to the Preds before they scored their first goal. Ferland was good.

Everyone else was meh to bad

Thanks!
Looking at the box score 3 on 17 against Johnson does not look good, I'd assume we just ride Elliott the rest of the season now.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Johnson wasn't bad, I don't blame him but he let in some goals he should have had. We cannot lose next game or the world is gonna end.

I'm serious though, let's go to Nashville.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Thanks!
Looking at the box score 3 on 17 against Johnson does not look good, I'd assume we just ride Elliott the rest of the season now.

Johnson probably had a bad game but I do not blame him for the loss. Terrible breakouts all game and a hopeless power play are to blame. Very winnable game if

1) Bennett were not forced to play a position he sucks at. He needs open ice to make reads, putting him on the walls to chip/deflect pucks is a game much more suited to someone big and slow. You suck it for Gaudreau because he isn't a center but Bennett is.

2) Engelland and Bartkowski were not a thing. The third goal was 80% on them for their hot potato. But who didn't see that coming? Kulak is so much more useful than fhis board is willing to admit.

3) Freddie Hamilton doesn't take a terrible penalty pretending to be a tough guy.

three mistakes, three goals.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd prefer to go to a game in St. Louis in April if that ever happens and then go to a Cards game and then a Royals game and have some KC BBQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad