GDT: Flames @ Predators, 6:00 PM Mt, SNET-Flames

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Ferland has returned from his mumpy ways. Chad Vader gets the start.

Projected lines:

FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
Sam Bennett - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Kris Versteeg - Matt Stajan - Troy Brouwer
Lance Bouma - Freddie Hamilton - Alex Chiasson

DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
TJ Brodie - Michael Stone
Matt Bartkowski - Deryk Engelland

GOALTENDER
Chad Johnson

Go Flams, win gaem.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
His Chadliness back in the net, eh? Hmmm. His last start fills me with apprehension, but the one before that fills me with confidence.

Go Flames. Hopefully we play well enough to make our goaltender a non-factor.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
9xbo2zB.gif

Also Johnson definitely needs some ice time so it's good that he's getting the start.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't hate the idea of playing Johnson. Might not be a bad idea to have both goalies good to go for the start of the playoffs. Last thing we'd want is for Elliott to have a bad game and throw Johnson in ice cold.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I get that Johnson might need some ice time before the playoffs, but he has been terrible in his last 5-6 starts. That glove hand-high has been an automatic goal. I think it was trochek that burned him with the same shot twice in a row earlier this year.

I'd be more confident starting gillies/rittich at this point. I guess with the oilers losing last night Gulu isn't too chapped about potentially losing tonight.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I get that Johnson might need some ice time before the playoffs, but he has been terrible in his last 5-6 starts. That glove hand-high has been an automatic goal. I think it was trochek that burned him with the same shot twice in a row earlier this year.

I'd be more confident starting gillies/rittich at this point. I guess with the oilers losing last night Gulu isn't too chapped about potentially losing tonight.

Hard to evaluate him over his last six starts when they've been weeks apart, basically. He won us the game in Florida (or was his start the Tamps game?), and basically lost us the game against Boston. This start could follow either of those scripts, realistically.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think GG is trying to make sure Johnson doesn't go in cold for the playoffs if he needs to be called upon.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hard to evaluate him over his last six starts when they've been weeks apart, basically. He won us the game in Florida (or was his start the Tamps game?), and basically lost us the game against Boston. This start could follow either of those scripts, realistically.

Twas the Panthers game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good to get Ocho back in there for a game. Can't ride Moose Talbot style the rest of the way.

Lazar back out :/
Oh well. The kid will get his chance next season.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Andersson something something bad practice, etc.

But I'm sure watching and practicing with the big team will be great for his development, just like it was for Wotherspoon, Kulak, Granlund, etc. Or that guy Corrado.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I hope we win 1-0 in OT. Johnson proves doubters wrong, and Rinne has a fantastic game. Brodie scores the game winning goal.

I hope we score 10, Rinne doesn't get pulled and swears he will never play another game for the Preds, is traded to Colorado and wins two Stanley Cups, and then uses his cup rings to plug his ears.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I hope we score 10, Rinne doesn't get pulled and swears he will never play another game for the Preds, is traded to Colorado and wins two Stanley Cups, and then uses his cup rings to plug his ears.

Most likely scenario imo

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not super confident in Johnson and that bottom pairing. Need our top 6 to take this game over.

Does anyone even know what the lesser Hamilton is doing up on this team? Doesn't even photobomb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad