Harpoon
Mikkala
Barclay
Kreider
Goat
Kam
Brandon

Lots of so so toughness...need to add a big one @ TDL
And that’s why I keep saying Pukestad is not the answer. He’s 6’6 and plays like a giant p***y. Rangers should be targeting a blood and guts guy.

Reactions: cheech70

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Flames were embarrassed in that game physically. They are considered one of the more physical teams in the league so, i don't think they expected that from the Rangers. Hell, Gallant didn't even expect that. That entire defense is known to be physical. Zadorov, Weegar, Gilbert, Tanev and of course Lucic and Lewis.

With that said, they are playing for a playoff spot with Minnesota. In the last game the Rangers scored on the power play after Dube took the instigator vs Trouba. That was at the time a go ahead goal. Flames came back and so did the Rangers.

There's no doubt Flames have this game marked on the calendar. Three of the biggest open ice hits delivered all season leaguewide were in that 1 Game. They will remember for sure

There's two ways this can go.

1) Sutter is going to try and have them focus on staying out of the box. The lost 4 out of the last 5 so winning is more important then revenge.
2) They send Lucic out first shift to set the tone on the opening shift.

Rangers don't have a guy to really match up there. Maybe Harpur can insert over Mikkola for this one? Harpur is the better fighter, but he doesn't do it too much.
Harpur is big, but a terrible fighter.

Leads with his chin.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Tarasenko better watch his six lol
Obviously well aware your post was a joke, but just want to add this to the discussion anyway: Tarasenko can hold his own. He rarely fights, but some of the Russians (not Panarin) have a serious mean streak, and the strength to back it up. Tarasenko does seem to tap into that when someone throws a dirty hit on someone when he's on the ice. Ever watch Ovechkin or Kovalchuk fight? It's scary.

Tarasenko is not in their league, but he can grapple and isn't afraid to throw down.

The only clear loss on his card is a KHL fight when he was a 20 year old fighting a 27 year old.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
I thought this was going to be about a trade and I got happy. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad