Harpoon
Mikkala
Barclay
Kreider
Goat
Kam
Brandon

Lots of so so toughness...need to add a big one @ TDL
5 Dmen on that list....can't have them all in the penalty box . I would play Halak LOL.....in this one and I would dress Harpur .....but they did just add a huge player in the Finnish Dman.....so with him Schneids-Gauthier-Kreider-Trouba we should be OK for the most part....a guy like Gauthier who does not fight is strong enough to actually tie Lucic up most times.....same as Kreider ....wrestle him to death LOL....Maybe we should go after him at first puck drop and get it out of the way and show them we ain't gonna take it.....GO RANGERS !!!! I'm sure Cuylee would like a rematch against Weegar now that he knows he is left handed .

Reactions: FUZfan and cheech70

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Flames were embarrassed in that game physically. They are considered one of the more physical teams in the league so, i don't think they expected that from the Rangers. Hell, Gallant didn't even expect that. That entire defense is known to be physical. Zadorov, Weegar, Gilbert, Tanev and of course Lucic and Lewis.

With that said, they are playing for a playoff spot with Minnesota. In the last game the Rangers scored on the power play after Dube took the instigator vs Trouba. That was at the time a go ahead goal. Flames came back and so did the Rangers.

There's no doubt Flames have this game marked on the calendar. Three of the biggest open ice hits delivered all season leaguewide were in that 1 Game. They will remember for sure

There's two ways this can go.

1) Sutter is going to try and have them focus on staying out of the box. The lost 4 out of the last 5 so winning is more important then revenge.
2) They send Lucic out first shift to set the tone on the opening shift.

Rangers don't have a guy to really match up there. Maybe Harpur can insert over Mikkola for this one? Harpur is the better fighter, but he doesn't do it too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheech70

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
when do you think Lucic will realize that Sammy Blais doesn't play for us anymore?

Haha probably not until tarasenko starts cursing at him in Russian instead of French. I wonder if they are joking about him picking blais’ number?

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
If the Flames were so badass they would have responded that night. I'm not worried about it. Lucic can't skate fast enough to hit anyone anymore. Trouba laid everyone to waste that fought him. Our boys are going out there to win a hockey game. If it's a Trouba circus, it only benefits the Rangers.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Flames' ship be sinking, focusing anywhere but winning the game only gonna make things worse.
I'd ignore that tough-talk blather, Sutter knows the 3 hits were are fair.

Lucic seems to be the only one mad about it. Even Kadri was a good sport about the hit, I gained respect for him. And yes the flames have bigger issues. Allan Walsh is already photoshopping a sword through Huberdeau.

If the Flames were so badass they would have responded that night. I'm not worried about it. Lucic can't skate fast enough to hit anyone anymore. Trouba laid everyone to waste that fought him. Our boys are going out there to win a hockey game. If it's a Trouba circus, it only benefits the Rangers.

Has a Ranger team ever been in this position as a bully league wide? I was too young to remember 94. The black and blueshirts played hard but they were basically seen as Lundqvist carrying a mid roster

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW Lucic is still a pretty good fighter. Rempe is a Calgary kid but I'm pretty sure the Rangers aren't going to fly him from Hartford out to Calgary for one game. I wouldn't.

If Lucic wants to go at Trouba that's not a great matchup for Jacob but it's not very often that players get really hurt in a fight and Trouba is pretty tough. Sounds like Lucic is looking for an instigator. That said he's low on the list of time on ice for Calgary so they might not mind. If Jacob lays out another big hit that will be a laugh.

The main thing is to win the game. Avoiding injuries is important too. It's going to be tough because it's a back to back. Extra penalties by Calgary improves our chances.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Flames' ship be sinking, focusing anywhere but winning the game only gonna make things worse.
I'd ignore that tough-talk blather, Sutter knows the 3 hits were are fair.
That’s the thing. Their own coach said it. This sounds like nonsense.
I thought the hits were fine. And I’m pretty critical of dangerous play. I don’t like guys lighting up opponents who are already being checked by another player. That’s shitty. But the Trouba hits were face to face mano a mano, no? The Blais hit was a third man kind of thing but it wasn’t dangerous. Just pushed their guy over and embarrassed him. And, erm, Blais is on St. Louis now….
Sounds like bullshit. Real hockey players who get hit fair and square don’t act like this. And I suspect most guys on the flames don’t feel this way.

TL;DR: the op report is nonsense.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Lucic is not the crazy monster that he used to be but he is still around 245 pounds and will throw a bit. He doesnt look to kill the other guy anymore but he still holds his own out there.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
1676680597753.gif

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Lucic is not the crazy monster that he used to be but he is still around 245 pounds and will throw a bit. He doesnt look to kill the other guy anymore but he still holds his own out there.
He just wrecked Olivier on Columbus recently but it’s his only remaining attribute. He’s slower than ever and they should either turn him down every time or dress Harpur.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He just wrecked Olivier on Columbus recently but it’s his only remaining attribute. He’s slower than ever and they should either turn him down every time or dress Harpur.
Or both. I do not want Trouba risking injury fighting him.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad