GDT: Flames @ Penguins - 5:00 PM MT - SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
And I'm a Calvin Klein underwear model

Unlikely.

Honestly, I'm the first to give credit him when he's played well, and I was one campaigning for him to sign in Calgary in the offseason, so I'm not sure why I would pick apart everything about his game, either than poor performance. It's not like I don't want him to succeed, I look smarter if he does since I wanted him to come here in the first place.

It's not like I hated the signing since day one, and want to make it look bad to prove my point.

There's literally no single reason for me to hate on him other than poor performance.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Overall it was a solid road game with a couple bad turnovers sprinkled in in the 3rd. Without those, it would've been an obviously excellent game. Just clean those up. Getting 2 points against the defending champs is big.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Let's be reality, you bite into a kit kat without breaking it, you monster.

1cf1debda6c4c674ef310dfe160e9a13.jpg

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Completely healthy Flames team barely ekes out a win over a Penguins team missing Malkin, Sheary, and Hagelin. I'll take it, I guess. But not the most encouraging win.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Good news: kings getting destroyed 5-0 right now. ducks lost.

The blues... blargh.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Completely healthy Flames team barely ekes out a win over a Penguins team missing Malkin, Sheary, and Hagelin. I'll take it, I guess. But not the most encouraging win.

It feels like when the Pens have injury troubles with some of their top guys(like a few years ago when they were even missing crosby and malkin) they still always seem to rake in the wins.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Way to completely delegitimize the Penguins. They're a top threat even without a full lineup. It's very encouraging to get a win on the road over the defending champs with (for all intents and purposes) our B goalie in net.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Looking at it another way, we were the second-best team on the ice tonight. Second only to the Cup champs, I might add. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Playing against the pens is not an excuse for failed zone exit after failed zone exit. I'm certainly glad Johnson and Ferland came to play but GG needs to re-work his deployment strategy ASAP.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Huge win. The Blues looked good tonight though. It looks like the best path is through LA and to just beat them head to head. It's not easy to beat the penguins at home. I think maybe a 2-0 shutout would be a little greedy to ask for. Shootout will have to do.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Playing against the pens is not an excuse for failed zone exit after failed zone exit. I'm certainly glad Johnson and Ferland came to play but GG needs to re-work his deployment strategy ASAP.

As long as the problems are mostly coming from the same people with expiring contracts, it's not a long-term concern, really.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Nice to go into the break with a win, iirc we've now won 3 straight over the pens.
Also, we're now 20-0-1 when leading after 2, or something like that.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Flames definitely didn't deserve a point tonight, let alone 2. But we deserved 2 points against the Rangers and didn't get any so it was nice to get lucky.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Huge win. The Blues looked good tonight though. It looks like the best path is through LA and to just beat them head to head. It's not easy to beat the penguins at home. I think maybe a 2-0 shutout would be a little greedy to ask for. Shootout will have to do.

Yeah I predicted it back in 2013-2014 when I was a bored a** mofo that Blues would secure their playoff spot on their final game, whereas LA loses their final game and fails to make the playoffs, literally separating themselves 1 point apart lol. Maybe just maybe I could be right haha, but all I know is I'm dead wrong to think that Colorado was going win the president's trophy this season haha.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
As long as the problems are mostly coming from the same people with expiring contracts, it's not a long-term concern, really.
Oh I'm glad we're getting points when we have a poor performance. Better than wasting a good performance like at New York.

But I actually think it's a long-term concern. Names changes, names change, mgmt mentality doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad