GDT: Flames @ Oilers: Game 3, 6:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Game 4 will tell us if this is a repeat of the Dallas series or the Colorado one

Hopefully Sutter can start coaching the defense can remember they've played hockey before

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Flames got a front row seat in how to lock down a lead in the playoffs from the Oilers lmfao.

Anyway, you can't do anything when your top pairing is out there just doing cardio at 5on5 and the PP. Treliving should be exploring Hanifin trades right now and I think he could be. He's more a Sutter pet than a Tre guy. Wasn't afraid to package him for Vatanen and was still looking at H. Lindholm at the deadline

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I wonder if we will be getting 3 days off like Tampa did. Psychology and everything else, I think we were tired. That's sad considering that was just game 3 of round 2.

Everyone sucked. Glad that's over.

Figure out how to come out different and better next game.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kylington with the goal; so much hate and all he does is give

If Sutter wasn't such a coward and used him on the first unit powerplay, we'd be laughing at all the success they'd be having

He certainly gives it away a lot.

I love Kylington but he has not played well this series, or the last 3 games against Dallas. Or really the last 2.5 months. Not going to coddle a 25 year old defenseman. If you want to be a top 4 D in this league you have to be a lot better than that. Ditto Hanifin and Andersson. Hanifin especially has been absolutely f***ing brutal.

I agree he should be on the top PP unit though, our only D with any creativity.

Reactions: Tofveve

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just can't get over the fact that we play McDavid as much as any team in the league and yet our guys still think they can play him like a normal player.

Dube in Game 1, Zadorov in Game 2, Hanifin in Game 3.

Regardless, individual mistakes weren't really the problem in the end, even though we could've made it a closer game by scoring on our chances and not making the key errors.

This was a role reversal from Game 1 in terms of the flow of play. We can rebound and do better.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think Kylingtons biggest issue is strength. If he was a bit stronger he wouldn't fall down and make some of the flubs he does. I bet it would make all the difference. Bit more muscle and a bit weight.

His biggest issue is that he is playing injured and has been since the Minnesota game back in like February

He certainly gives it away a lot.

I love Kylington but he has not played well this series, or the last 3 games against Dallas. Or really the last 2.5 months. Not going to coddle a 25 year old defenseman. If you want to be a top 4 D in this league you have to be a lot better than that. Ditto Hanifin and Andersson. Hanifin especially has been absolutely f***ing brutal.

I agree he should be on the top PP unit though, our only D with any creativity.
Kylington has played fine this series. The only issue is that he has barely played at all

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
His biggest issue is that he is playing injured and has been since the Minnesota game back in like February

I wasn't aware of that. I mean if true than that would make a difference. I still think he could use some extra strength and a few pounds. He's young enough to do it still.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm making the game four gdt okay

ban @super6646 tbh

Kylington has played fine this series. The only issue is that he has barely played at all

He definitely hasn't. Handed Zach Hyman a breakaway last game and is trying to pass through 2 sticks way too often. About the only guy back there that looks semi competent in the OZ tho. I have high standards for OK58 because I know how good he can be. He hasn't met them. None of the D have played fine this series.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Don't really know what to say about that one. Why can't we get players in front of the net? Once you make chaos around Smith he gets sliding and lets goals in, we know this and have seen it. Poor coaching.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Don't really know what to say about that one. Why can't we get players in front of the net? Once you make chaos around Smith he gets sliding and lets goals in, we know this and have seen it. Poor coaching.

I would say the issue is the opposite.

We have guys backdoor on Smith wide open, and then they leave that prime position to take Smith's eyes away and suddenly there is no one backdoor to score gimmies.

Gotta make the geriatric move side to side

literally beating themselves

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Teams know that they can clog the middle against us because we don't have a lot of speed down the wings and we have defensemen who are prone to making bad plays with the puck. All they have to do is wait for a couple of our guys to get in half a step too deep and it's an instant odd-man rush against. The structure needs to loosen into something more positionless so that they can stretch the Oilers, but the trust in one another is lacking

In defense, we're missing that ability to force McDavid to drive wide into nowhere. Brodie was elite at that, but we don't have a guy with his skating and stickwork anymore.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
I don't know if Sutter has lost his touch but the Flames are playing real soft. They are nothitting any of the Oilers top players. They have to take the body on Macdaivid, Drisatle, Kane and Hyman. It is like they are mismerized by Macdavids stick handling ability that they just stop and watch him fly by them. It doesn't matter how fast a player is. You aim for the chest and hit him everytime he touches the puck. Old school hockey still works when implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad