GDT: Flames @ Oilers: Game 3, 6:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
elmo-burning.gif

May the hellfire completely envelop these Coiler scum.

Go Flames Go!!! Please win!!

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Out of curiosity, how much is it a blow to the Flames to lose Tanev? Defense doesn’t seem to be the issue with Andersson and Kylington looking like absolute studs.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Out of curiosity, how much is it a blow to the Flames to lose Tanev? Defense doesn’t seem to be the issue with Andersson and Kylington looking like absolute studs.
Kylington is making rookie mistakes and costing this team. He's extremely bipolar... Makes a solid play, then completely screws the pooch.

He's been anything but a stud.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Kylington is making rookie mistakes and costing this team. He's extremely bipolar... Makes a solid play, then completely screws the pooch.

He's been anything but a stud.
From limited viewings he seems to be shutting down opposing teams rather well, am I completely off my rocker on that?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
From limited viewings he seems to be shutting down opposing teams rather well, am I completely off my rocker on that?
He's actually been one of the Flames better defensemen this series but old narratives & agendas die hard and the Flames defense has been really really bad as a whole.

Hanifin, Andersson & Zadorov have all been wildly exposed, outmatched, and gifted the Oilers free goals and opportunities much more than Kylington has.

Biggest problem with Oliver is that his balance issues, which were completely gone for the first half of the season, returned after his very obvious series of concussions a few months ago. But while every other Flames defensemen gets the "oh he's playing poorly? Must be injured" Kylington does not because you know, narratives.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Burningbarn

May 18, 2022
When if ever can we expect tanev back ? This is ridiculous we are missing one of our best defenders. How did he even get injured ? Ive seen the Dallas player falling on him but it didnt look that serious. The difference between us and the oilers is that we have an actual fully fledged defence unit and goaltending. We don't just rely on offence 😢

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
. The difference between us and the oilers is that we have an actual fully fledged defence unit and goaltending. We cant just rely on offence 😢
It’s the opposite so far. Defense has been pretty bad . Markstrom is unreliable if not garbage so far.

Unless he turns around tonight. I predict Vladar next game if not tonight

Burningbarn

May 18, 2022
It’s the opposite so far. Defense has been pretty bad . Markstrom is unreliable if not garbage so far.

Unless he turns around tonight. I predict Vladar next game if not tonight
Ya I totally see the same thing. But we have the ability to shut teams down even if it's just for a game or 2. We need to pull out a 5-1 win and it becomes infinitely harder when our best defenseman is out. Markstrom needs to step aside with dignity if he feels he's not up for the task and let vladar have a go. Totally agree.

Reactions: DFF

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He's actually been one of the Flames better defensemen this series but old narratives & agendas die hard and the Flames defense has been really really bad as a whole.

Hanifin, Andersson & Zadorov have all been wildly exposed, outmatched, and gifted the Oilers free goals and opportunities much more than Kylington has.

Biggest problem with Oliver is that his balance issues, which were completely gone for the first half of the season, returned after his very obvious series of concussions a few months ago. But while every other Flames defensemen gets the "oh he's playing poorly? Must be injured" Kylington does not because you know, narratives.
To be fair, hanifin’s underlyings have been solid in the playoffs too (granted a lot of that has to do with us just dominating Dallas). But I agree, zadorov and hanifin have been far bigger disappointments on the lhd so far.

Reactions: DFF

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
When if ever can we expect tanev back ? This is ridiculous we are missing one of our best defenders. How did he even get injured ? Ive seen the Dallas player falling on him but it didnt look that serious. The difference between us and the oilers is that we have an actual fully fledged defence unit and goaltending. We don't just rely on offence 😢

As a Canucks fan, welcome to the joy and pain of having Tanev on your team. He's a big difference maker when he's in, but he gets injured every year, sometimes multiple times.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Kylington is an absolute stud, but Tanev was his partner and without his partner we can't match him properly to the MacKinnon type lines of the world, including Edmonton's McDavid line. His current partner Stone is wayyy outmatched in those situations.

Andersson is also being anchored by his partner Hanifin

The best solution right now would be a Kylington-Andersson pair but alas

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I guess we've given up on the "stay out of the box" directive. So maybe we can "stay less out of the box."

The list is long of players needing to be better starting at the top. Pull it together and play disciplined smart hockey while not being scared. Get some swagger back. We've show this year that when we play poorly we can come put it behind us and return to form.

Go Flams! Just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad