Confirmed with Link: Flames offer veteran forward Cammalleri Contract extension(Cammy still to decide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sign & trade was the first thing that popped into my mind, to be honest.

It could be why Cammalleri is still thinking about it - deciding whether to basically accept the trade long term to a different team.

The weird thing is how open both Burke & Squid have been. You usually don't hear it directly from the GM and player involved.

I agree, as rare as sign and trades are I think its plausible in this case.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
LOL FEASTERS GONNA FE-

But seriously, I wouldn't have a problem with this as such. As long as it meant shipping out one of Hudler or Glencross because keeping them all would not make any sense at all. Stempniak I believe is as good as gone.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Absolutely a rope a dope by Burke. Says to other GMs that this is a good enough player to want to hold onto. Just makes him worth more honestly; especially when Cammy says he loves Calgary.

Great move. He won't resign.

A rope a dope is when you let your opponent punch you until he tires out.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This is what Bob McKenzie said about the subject

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444669

McKenzie: I think it's much more likely that he gets traded than remains a Flame, but there is a remote possibility that Cammalleri could get a deal done with the Flames. But at this point the smart money suggests that he would be - along with those guys like Matt Moulson, Thomas Vanek and others - as a goal-scoring winger who could be had as a rental.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yuck. Hope Burke has something up his sleeve, otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed with a re-sign. That being said, I can see the merits of it, veteran player who (from what I know) is good in the room, able to take some of the goal scoring pressure off the younger players, still a decent option on the PP, known to the organization and community, and maybe doesn't have good value considering his season.

I just hope this isn't signs of Burke's thought process in regards to impatience, if he thinks Cammy will be part of building something better here fine, if he thinks Cammy is a piece to help this team push for the playoffs next year... then god help us.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Cammy, Hudler, Sven and Gaudreau are smaller, skilled top 6 players. I think it's extremely likely 1 is gone this deadline and another in a season or 2. Burke won't have a team with that small of a top 6. If Cammy resigns, Hudler will be dealt IMO.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I assume nobody knows what the term is. Probably 1-2 years at between 5 $5.75 mil. He could get a worse deal than Dave Bolland. This 1 of these things

1-Teach a lesson. Either to the Flames that they want to win still. Like they told Gio. Even though they're in a re-build they want o teach winning. Or to the GMs. Saying hey, we can keep him so offer more

2-He's a leader and they've gotten more for another leader. I bet Cammy is good with the kids and I'm sure lots of people have called about Giordano, Glenx, Hudler. All of these could potentialy get more. Hudler has had a great year, same with Gio. Glenx does more than score and plays a well rounded game. Not too many people like him.

3-can't get enough for him because of bad year so they're signing him to a short term deal so they can trade him next deadline. And maybe for a 2015 1st which is a stacked draft rather than a weak 2014 class

4-Burke is looking to be competitive in 2, 3 years and feel that 3 high picks will be enough which will do fine

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Let's keep the off-topic stuff in the off-topic thread guys.

Sarcasm is fine, but complete garbage like the Mark Pilon jokes don't really have a place in serious discussion. Especially when other users are belittled/attacked for not "getting" the joke.

Thank goodness. I love of a lot of the craziness of this sub board, but the Pilon joke was pretty meh for me.

That being said it will be interesting to see what happens. I would prefer he is moved, but on the other hand if we can't get a good return...

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Works for me but I dont follow millions since he isn't very good at what he does.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I can see it, cant find a tweet relating to what he may be apologizing for.

Edit: Found a quote of the offending tweet on, *forgive me, I do this because I love you all: CP*:

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 16m
Mike Cammalleri's sense of HA-HA In St. Paul MN, going for a bite with team...Cammy says "who knows Rog, could be my last supper" #maybeso

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The amount of times Millions has put his foot in his mouth via twitter or by other public comments is beyond comprehension. I'm not kidding, if I was Sportsnet and considering the incoming changes that will happen this next year to their network, I would consider letting Millions go. His public rep is not credible and some of the things he says are just embarrassing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The amount of times Millions has put his foot in his mouth via twitter or by other public comments is beyond comprehension. I'm not kidding, if I was Sportsnet and considering the incoming changes that will happen this next year to their network, I would consider letting Millions go. His public rep is not credible and some of the things he says are just embarrassing.

One of my favourite replies to his apology tweet was "**********, you were doing so well!" :laugh:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lets pray somebody is dumb enough to overpay for him.

He is garbage right now.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Not going to argue with this, although I still think he is worth a pick between around 17 to 25 at the deadline.

At this point I think the Flames would be lucky to get a 2nd for him. He has been absolutely awful since coming back from his injury.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I do wonder if the trade/extension talks are a huge distraction for him. It's not like it's affecting his play too much - he's still on pace for a 25 goal season (which isn't horribly stinky considering our limited offense) the production lately has been stymied.

Teams will be desperate at the deadline; I think he'll still go for a 1st + (or equivalent), it's the value of the + that will fluctuate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad