Proposal: Flames-Leafs

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lmao
Right. K.
Really? Well go ahead and explain why i'm wrong. Why should the Leafs bring in Stone at 3.5 for 2 more seasons? Is he playing with Rielly on our top pair? No? So what's the point...we put Stone on our 2nd pair and run Hainsey at #2 again? Well that should work out swimmingly....

Again, the only move the Leafs NEED to make on D is finding a partner for Rielly...then Hainsey/Zaitsev drop down a pairing.

The Flames can keep him, he's perfect there.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
3.5 million is pretty much market value for a 4/5 defenseman, it's also painfully obvious that none of these posters have seen him play if the categorize him as bad, just because he hasn't been sullied by wearing a Leafs uniform, doesn't mean he's bad.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
3.5 million is pretty much market value for a 4/5 defenseman, it's also painfully obvious that none of these posters have seen him play if the categorize him as bad, just because he hasn't been sullied by wearing a Leafs uniform, doesn't mean he's bad.

"sullied"

leafs had 105pts this year and are on the rise. flames missed the playoffs despite having what their fans thought was a top 3 D. (its not even close btw)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
"sullied"

leafs had 105pts this year and are on the rise. flames missed the playoffs despite having what their fans thought was a top 3 D. (its not even close btw)
Let's get a few things clear.

1) I don't give two shits how many point the Leafs had, they intentionally threw a season to try and land Matthews, that a a disgusting and deplorable act, that goes against everything that sport is about and thus anyone who plays for that franchise is indeed sullied IMO.
2) No intelligent Flames fan made any such claim. Stop listening to trolls to get your opinion of how fans view their teams.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Let's get a few things clear.

1) I don't give two ****s how many point the Leafs had, they intentionally threw a season to try and land Matthews, that a a disgusting and deplorable act, that goes against everything that sport is about and thus anyone who plays for that franchise is indeed sullied IMO.
2) No intelligent Flames fan made any such claim. Stop listening to trolls to get your opinion of how fans view their teams.

the leafs have picked top three ONCE in 30 years. get over yourself bud
dont see you spouting off about buffalo trading BOTH its goaltenders the eichel year.
what did the leafs do? trade guys like spaling,matthias and pending UFA reimer?
where is the intention? maybe they just were a really bad team? where would this team be without matthews,nylander,marner, and andersen not to mention breakthroughs from kadri and rielly?

also dont be a hypocite. the flames clearly tanked hard in 2014 dreaming of ekblad (joey macdonald anyone?) . dont be salty they ended up 4th and whiffed big time with bennett. coulda had nylander,ehlers,larkin

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Stone for Leivo+mid round pick and it’s a deal

how about leivo for a mid pick and its a deal. leafs cant be paying stone 3.5 when marner and matthews are on year 1 of new deals and nylander is on year 2

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Really? Well go ahead and explain why i'm wrong. Why should the Leafs bring in Stone at 3.5 for 2 more seasons? Is he playing with Rielly on our top pair? No? So what's the point...we put Stone on our 2nd pair and run Hainsey at #2 again? Well that should work out swimmingly....

Again, the only move the Leafs NEED to make on D is finding a partner for Rielly...then Hainsey/Zaitsev drop down a pairing.

The Flames can keep him, he's perfect there.

agreed

Rielly - ???
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev

leafs dont need a fringe #4/5 type. they basically already have 3 of those, although dermott probably establishes himself as a legit top 4 dman as soon as next year.

leafs are better off just tossing the nucks a 1st + nielsen/borgman/rosen type for tanev

Reactions: Liferleafer

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the leafs have picked top three ONCE in 30 years. get over yourself bud
dont see you spouting off about buffalo trading BOTH its goaltenders the eichel year.
what did the leafs do? trade guys like spaling,matthias and pending UFA reimer?
where is the intention? maybe they just were a really bad team? where would this team be without matthews,nylander,marner, and andersen not to mention breakthroughs from kadri and rielly?

also dont be a hypocite. the flames clearly tanked hard in 2014 dreaming of ekblad (joey macdonald anyone?) . dont be salty they ended up 4th and whiffed big time with bennett. coulda had nylander,ehlers,larkin
It was abundantly clear the Leafs were not making an effort to win that entire season, they were a bad team that made zero attempt to get better. I loathe the Sabres for the same reasons and have talked shit about them many times for tanking. I hate the Pens, Caps, Avs, Sens... etc too all for those same reasons. You should actually know what you are talking about before you make claims about what I do and don't do.

Also, McDonald only played when Kipper was injured, he was literally acquired so we didn't have to run out there with Leland Irving and Danny Taylor. Know your facts, it might be useful if you want to actually try and make an intelligent argument for a change. I'm not salty at all about Bennett, I never wanted him, but at #4 that decision was made by teh 3 teams ahead of us. You can spout off about Nylander, Ehlers and Larkin, but literally no GM would have taken anyone but Bennett with that pick, so bringing them up is absolutely pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad