GDT: Flames @ Jets 6:00 pm MT - TSN3 & CalgaryFlames.com

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I've never seen a five minute major called for interference before.

Neat.
Just looked at the scoresheet, was a match penalty actually. Refs must of deemed it as deliberate attempt to injury. I didnt think the play looked particularly bad. Interesting...

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wolf lol I love it
much better game out of him
How was Wolf in the two games so far?
just rusty in the first one I'd say. Down early too often which is not his MO

Liked Ruz, Zary, Solovyov, Hunt, and Duehr. Zadorov is actually good. If the Flames can get him under 5 per on a 4-5 year deal I'd be down. People will say he was sheltered under Sutter which he was, but not that uncommon a guy with his tools puts it all together late.

Wanted to see more from Klapka, Schwindt and Oesterle
Rooney got nailed a cpl times so that was fun

Reactions: deleted user

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm just excited that the Flames have a 2 for 2 record in OT.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
wow nice save by that guy

Ruz has been skating really well in this game. Mangiapane phoning it in

I don't think Mangipane is phoning it in. He got shoulder surgery at the end of April. His shoulder could still potentially be tense, stiff and tight and stuff like that after 5 ish months and he might still be working through that and still needing to baby it a little bit. The "phoning it in" might be him easing himself back in. Personally I saw him have good hustle on quite a few plays here and there and it seemed like he was turning up the heat during OT.

I think read somewhere that basically the rehabbing stuff is pretty hard, but once you get past a certain point, it feels great and almost bionic like.

I think this is what we can sorta expect from Pelletier too. IIRC when Bennett did his surgery, his recovery was closer to 6 months which is why he started playing games during the playoffs.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad