GDT: Flames host Hurricanes. 19 Oct. 2017 at 7pm MT on SNF

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Glad to see Bennett getting a more capable RW in Ferland. Swap Versteeg and Gaudreau and the lines would getting closer to ideal. But pairing Bennett and Ferland is a step in the right direction.
TIL I learned Ferland is more capable than Jagr

Seriously, do you even believe half the garbage you spew?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys, if you feel like flaming each other please be aware that you will be the lucky receiver of 5 infraction points. I have deep pockets, so I won’t be running out of points to hand out.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
TIL I learned Ferland is more capable than Jagr

Seriously, do you even believe half the garbage you spew?

Jagr is certainly better offensively, but I like Ferland's speed and puck carrying ability more for a winger for Bennett.

But in terms of that post, I was referring to Troy "boat anchor" Brouwer, who I was expecting to be put there when I heard Jagr was put on the top line.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
So Jagr can not help our man Bennett?

I think that's the plan long term, but Gulutzan is still waiting for a big game from Ferly before he goes to that hard forechecking top line. Getting Gaudreau's line going consistently at ES is priority number one even if it comes at others' expense - and the Gaudreau-Monahan line has not been very good overall so far.

FWIW Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr has been a strong line with a very average 53.85% zone start rate. They've posted +11.31% Rel CF and +9.85 Rel xGF% and while they haven't scored any goals, they haven't allowed any either - so it's just a matter of when not if.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad