Fleury-van Riemsdyk

Darling
Ward

---> ---> ---> CFHF's "First Goal of the Game" Game <--- <--- <---

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Glad to see Bennett getting a more capable RW in Ferland. Swap Versteeg and Gaudreau and the lines would getting closer to ideal. But pairing Bennett and Ferland is a step in the right direction.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Is Ferland confirmed in?

Also surprised if they play Versteeg on the LW when he's a natural RW and Ferland on RW when he's a natural LW.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I worry a lot about this game. Our troubles gaining and keeping possession in the zone against the Carolina D could be rough.

Also would really like to get Kukak in Just to keep him in game shape and such.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Calling it now. The fourth line and bottom pair will be put out together, and get hemmed in for an entire shift. For the 7th straight game.

Reactions: Calculon

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
As someone who follows the Hurricanes closely, I'd keep your eyes on Slavin #74. He's a treat to watch defensively. Completely owned McDavid the other night.

If he's out there, it's pretty unlikely the Flames will have too many great scoring chances.

Reactions: Sk8M8

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I would just switch Steeger with Tkachuk, imagine facing a Tkachuk-Bennett-Ferland line... Ouch other team.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not a fan of Glass, Brouwer, Ferland in over Lazar but it shouldn't be the difference in a W orL against the Canes.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As someone who follows the Hurricanes closely, I'd keep your eyes on Slavin #74. He's a treat to watch defensively. Completely owned McDavid the other night.

If he's out there, it's pretty unlikely the Flames will have too many great scoring chances.

He was great in that game. Gulutzan referred to the Slavin-Pesce pairing as a top five pairing in the NHL which I thought was a bit much but I don't watch a lot of Hurricane hockey.

Jagr actually might be a good fit on the top line, they're at their best when they can sustain some pressure and get a cycle going. Rarely is one defender going to be able to get the puck from Jagr so him drawing two guys could open things up for Johnny and Monahan.

Seems like it would of been an ideal game to start Lack and get Kulak in but what do I know.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Glass is going to play all 82 games isn't he.

Sucks for Lazar. Hard to develop any kind of consistency when you're constantly being bounced in and out of the line up for much worse players.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I like Ferland a lot more than some of the other options available but until he starts to bring some energy I think Lazar might be the better fit for the Flames right now if I had to choose between them. The Flames have plenty of guys who can score and put up points but they don't have anyone other than Glass that will crash and bang and make opposing defensemen think twice about a forcheck.

Ofc both Glass and Lazar aren't great at hockey so they don't spend that much time on the forcheck but it is something that I believe a team needs to do to control the pace of the game.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Lazar has shown interesting things. I like that he's in our system long term but don't disagree that he's pretty much near the bottom of the roster at the moment.

Ferland on the other hand is sorta giving me Glencross vibes. Horrible when he's trying to play skilled, so freaking badass when he plays his physical game.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I like Ferland a lot more than some of the other options available but until he starts to bring some energy I think Lazar might be the better fit for the Flames right now if I had to choose between them. The Flames have plenty of guys who can score and put up points but they don't have anyone other than Glass that will crash and bang and make opposing defensemen think twice about a forcheck.

Ofc both Glass and Lazar aren't great at hockey so they don't spend that much time on the forcheck but it is something that I believe a team needs to do to control the pace of the game.
Bennett has pretty much only crashed and banged this season

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Glad to see Bennett getting a more capable RW in Ferland. Swap Versteeg and Gaudreau and the lines would getting closer to ideal. But pairing Bennett and Ferland is a step in the right direction.
Bennett has played like he's back in the ohl all season so far, and Ferland has somehow been worse. Don't know why either deserve to play with gaud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad