GDT: Flames @ Hawks 2pm 1/7/24 NBC Sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He completely missed the joke. Not a surprise, mind you. Both teams have shit coaches, but Calgary actually cares about winning. That's why it's funny they were interviewing the same guys.
I didn't miss it, just getting sick of your agenda. You have no idea what it takes to coach in the NHL so quit pretending.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I didn't miss it, just getting sick of your agenda. You have no idea what it takes to coach in the NHL so quit pretending.
If being an expert on any subject related to the Hawks or the NHL is a prerequisite for posting, it's going to get pretty quiet around here.

It doesn't take an expert, however, to see that LR is making a lot of mistakes as a head coach. Tops among those mistakes is giving ice time veteran plugs ahead of young guys with upside, on a team that is clearly in the rebuilding stage. It doesn't take a lot of inside knowledge to understand how dumb that is.

Reactions: BHawks77

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If being an expert on any subject related to the Hawks or the NHL is a prerequisite for posting, it's going to get pretty quiet around here.

It doesn't take an expert, however, to see that LR is making a lot of mistakes as a head coach. Tops among those mistakes is giving ice time veteran plugs ahead of young guys with upside, on a team that is clearly in the rebuilding stage. It doesn't take a lot of inside knowledge to understand how dumb that is.
Or is he trying to instill a work ethic for EVERYONE on his team? Work hard and you play more... a simple philosophy. No more country club hockey in Chicago.

As I've said, the jury is still out on Luke and he has his own way to build a team from the bottom up. Give him a chance to show what he can do as the team gets better. Not gifting young players ice because they are skilful but won't work should not bother fans in a re-build year.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Or is he trying to instill a work ethic for EVERYONE on his team? Work hard and you play more... a simple philosophy. No more country club hockey in Chicago.
I never knew Isaac Phillips had a work ethic problem, that's brand new news to me.

Bottom line is that playing the incredibly bad Tinordi over the somewhat struggling Phillips is criminally stupid.

Reactions: BHawks77 and Pez68

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I never knew Isaac Phillips had a work ethic problem, that's brand new news to me.

Bottom line is that playing the incredibly bad Tinordi over the somewhat struggling Phillips is criminally stupid.
That is a different situation. Phillips should be in the AHL until he gains some consistency in his game.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
That is a different situation. Phillips should be in the AHL until he gains some consistency in his game.
...and where in the hell should Tinordi be while he learns to play the game??

Phillips is good enough to learn from his mistakes at the NHL level. He is closer to being an NHL defenseman than Tinordi ever will be.

Reactions: BHawks77 and Pez68

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Seriously, why keep dwelling on who plays in the bottom pair on this team? At least Tinordi keeps ops heads up and can punish ops if they get caught (ask Dach) meanwhile Phillips does nothing well..... maybe one day he will be an NHL Dman but he has a long way to go. Gifting him an NHL job helps neither he nor the team.

But, it seems, there must always be a punching bag that you folks can pile on to. I guess it makes you feel better, I don't know but I am more concerned about the development of guys like Reichel, Kurashev, Vlasic and other guys who have a chance to be the future of this franchise.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Seriously, why keep dwelling on who plays in the bottom pair on this team? At least Tinordi keeps ops heads up and can punish ops if they get caught (ask Dach) meanwhile Phillips does nothing well..... maybe one day he will be an NHL Dman but he has a long way to go. Gifting him an NHL job helps neither he nor the team.

But, it seems, there must always be a punching bag that you folks can pile on to. I guess it makes you feel better, I don't know but I am more concerned about the development of guys like Reichel, Kurashev, Vlasic and other guys who have a chance to be the future of this franchise.
Dach basically skates right into big hits we saw it first hand while he was a Hawk. Ops aren't concerned with Tinordi hitting them whatsoever. If he goes for a big hit he's going to miss and the puck is going in the net. Phillips is a physical player as well, so its not like Tinordi even has that advantage over him.

Re: the bolded, so is everyone else here and that's why they harp on LuRich and his overuse of useless vets like Tyjo and Tinordi. Reichel has been one of the harder workers among the forwards for weeks now but it took literally like 8 injuries before he saw time on the first powerplay, he should have been there day one.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Dach basically skates right into big hits we saw it first hand while he was a Hawk. Ops aren't concerned with Tinordi hitting them whatsoever. If he goes for a big hit he's going to miss and the puck is going in the net. Phillips is a physical player as well, so its not like Tinordi even has that advantage over him.

Re: the bolded, so is everyone else here and that's why they harp on LuRich and his overuse of useless vets like Tyjo and Tinordi. Reichel has been one of the harder workers among the forwards for weeks now but it took literally like 8 injuries before he saw time on the first powerplay, he should have been there day one.
OMG.... I know you'e serious too.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Its crazy I have the same reaction to 95% of your posts.
Well good. Can you truly say Reichel is working hard? It looks to me like he is barely surviving the NHL and should be in RFD before he is overwhelmed. There is nothing wrong with him learning the game by playing top 6 minutes in the AHL and gaining confidence in his abilities.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Tinordi is on the top pairing Bobby. And he's a f***ing mess defensively in his own zone. He chases guys constantly.

LuRich hockey.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Well good. Can you truly say Reichel is working hard? It looks to me like he is barely surviving the NHL and should be in RFD before he is overwhelmed. There is nothing wrong with him learning the game by playing top 6 minutes in the AHL and gaining confidence in his abilities.
Yes, he's constantly using his speed to pressure opposing puck carriers and steal pucks away on the backcheck. He's struggling offensively, but he's been getting and generating more chances recently as well.
And since when is Phillips physical, Dach skates right into big hits. Where do get this shit from? It's frankly, hilarious.
You don't remember Dach getting lit up all the time while he was with the Hawks? He's a big hit magnet with the way he skates.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad