GDT: Flames @ Canucks, October 3 2018, 8:00 PM Local, Sportsnet West & 360

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Because the scratches travel with the team due to potential injury or illness. I believe they even take the morning skate. Not sure how this would surprise anyone, especially someone that has covered the team first a while like she has.
That's logical.... even for a 1 game road trip.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's logical.... even for a 1 game road trip.
Lots of injuries happen in practice and pregame skates, so yeah, better safe than having to run a man short or someone playing hurt

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Even our fourth line looks pretty dang good on paper. I might be pissed if I was Sam Bennett.
He should have played better and he wouldn't have been surpassed by a 20 year old and we wouldn't havs needed to sign Ryan

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Let's do this!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gritty

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He should have played better and he wouldn't have been surpassed by a 20 year old and we wouldn't havs needed to sign Ryan

I agree and said almost the exact same thing. He's had plenty of years to prove himself, and he's been a roller-coaster of mostly average play. I do like him, but this is where is career is trending and it's too bad in a way but also life.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Pretty mad that I have to work tonight and will miss this one. Wearing the colours nonetheless. GFG

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm just glad we're going into the season with a starting line up that doesn't have any players that are not NHL caliber

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Pretty stoked for the season and game tonight. As a transplanted Flames fan in Vancouver, our success over the next 2 games is a pre-requisite to my workplace being tolerable. Been perusing the threads getting excited about the possibilities. Tempered enthusiasm of course.
Cheers all, enjoy the evening's festivities.

Reactions: Cyrano and Sk8M8

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pretty stoked for the season and game tonight. As a transplanted Flames fan in Vancouver, our success over the next 2 games is a pre-requisite to my workplace being tolerable. Been perusing the threads getting excited about the possibilities. Tempered enthusiasm of course.
Cheers all, enjoy the evening's festivities.
I know where you work, is it ever really tolerable having to deal with angry customers? Haha

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No patience. I get home at midnight, tired. I'm not watching a game when I can just read the recap. I used to pvr. But since the last lockout I haven't cared as much to do it, tbh
In a lot of ways I like to watch a recorded game. Skip through all the commercials and intermissions and the blah, blah, blah by the talking heads and its amazing how quickly the game is over. I've even fast forwarded through sections of the game where nothing significant is happening.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
In a lot of ways I like to watch a recorded game. Skip through all the commercials and intermissions and the blah, blah, blah by the talking heads and its amazing how quickly the game is over. I've even fast forwarded through sections of the game where nothing significant is happening.
If I'm home I'll frequently pause it at puck drop, go make food, do laundry, do some other stuff for about an hour so I can fast forward as needed

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Our fantasy draft got delayed because our annual host had to bail. Doing it tonight instead so will also have the game on. Haven’t been this cautiously optimistic about a Flames team in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad