GDT: Flames @ Canucks, October 3 2018, 8:00 PM Local, Sportsnet West & 360

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
giphy.gif

Just thought you guys might be interested to see how the Flyers second pairing was doing tonight.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Ah, I see people have already found the new Brouwer in game 1, Derek Ryan

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

At least Ryan wins face-offs so he adds something on the ice. Still though, him on the 2nd unit PP over Bennett is closing in on Brouwerplay levels of awfulness.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Splitting hairs, but I'm just saying it could be more than just TOI in terms of the "over played". I'm just saying I seem to recall Canes fans' complaints of Ryan along the lines of him dragging guys like Aho down (ie: Chiasson), not that he was getting too much ice time (ie: Brouwer).
Again, it was blown massively out of proportion. The amount of ice-time that Ryan and Aho had together was not that much, they were together 7.38% of Ryan's shifts (all strengths, not just ES). Since Ryan played 15:36 per game, that would be an average of 1:15 per game. So, what? 1, maybe 2 shifts a game? When you factor in a normal overlap of lines due to line changes, line juggling and injuries, 1:15 per game is a pretty inconsequential amount.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

In game 1?

It was clear before the season he and his usage were going to be a major issue for the team.

It always is when the coach has a golden boy that he overvalues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad