Post-Game Talk: Flames at Rangers - February 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
rangers controlled this game. calgary is hhhhawful. (or at least they were today). seems like the flames had about three scoring chances all and scored on all of them.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah very weird. Ferland came from the far side of the ice at the blue line to meet Klein at the bottom of the other side circle. Just because Klein was willing to answer the bell it wasn't an instigator? That doesn't seem right.

you're right. it was just another ref missing another call. this has to be the worst-reffed league there is. i know it's not a conspiracy, it's just incompetent.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm curious about why Miller was credited with an assist on the Grabner goal... Does the league normally award assists in that context?

I think they gave Mika a goal under the same scenario. He passed to CK. CK gave it to miller who gave it back for the winner.

Shouldn't be an assist if you ask me.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think they gave Mika a goal under the same scenario. He passed to CK. CK gave it to miller who gave it back for the winner.

Shouldn't be an assist if you ask me.

I've been seeing that assist awarded for 30 something years.

Under a strict interpretation of the assist rule, it's not an assist, as it was not the primary or secondary pass. However, the way it seems to be scored is if the tertiary pass is made cleanly, and the goal scorer makes the secondary pass, the player making the tertiary pass will get an assist.

It's certainly debatable. I have no problem with it in the scenario described above. Three clean passes.

I have more of a problem with it if the puck is deflected and the play is more broken.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
That girardi turnover for Calgary's third goal basically sums up his entire season. He's got a clear and wise outlet pass to zucc, instead he tries to stretch pass it through 3 sticks and turns it over...

See girardi lovers will sit here and say I'm being a tool for only calling out Girardi's bad plays, but we see something like this every other game with this moron

Luther*

May 3, 2016
Hayes for Dougie Hamilton?
Hmmm

I'd prob do it if they took Klein back and included a 3rd or 4th rounder

Yeah easily
Omg everytime a team we are playing defenceman scores you guys want to sign them to a muti year contract,unbelievable

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Omg everytime a team we are playing defenceman scores you guys want to sign them to a muti year contract,unbelievable

Really

We just plucked Dougie Hamilton out of the air or you just aren't paying much attn?

Probably the latter.

Hamilton shattenkirk trouba and vatanen have been the main guys discussed all season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Really

We just plucked Dougie Hamilton out of the air or you just aren't paying much attn?

Probably the latter.

Hamilton shattenkirk trouba and vatanen have been the main guys discussed all season.

Yeah you're right, it's not like we've been clamoring to acquire a top-pairing RD for the past two seasons or anything :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
When Hayes comes back who sits?

Oscar (who plays center on the 4th line)
Pumpel?
Vesey?
Buch?
Fast?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Two very lucky goals for Calgary in this game.

The goal off the Girardi turnover though even though it was in fact a bad turnover that shot beat hank clean from the top of the circle high while he was actually standing straight up. So he didn't even drop and get beat high he stayed up and still got beat high. That was a bad one he's gotta have. Otherwise two pucks richochetting in or to wide open guys nothing he can do

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I know that is what you would like but is that what you think AV will do?

No, of course not. I suspect AV wants to take 24 out of the lineup but cannot unless he leaves JT at 3C and that line intact and puts Hayes at 4C which would be an abomination not seen since AV put 89 at 4RW. Which means it's likely that 12 leaves the lineup.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No, of course not. I suspect AV wants to take 24 out of the lineup but cannot unless he leaves JT at 3C and that line intact and puts Hayes at 4C which would be an abomination not seen since AV put 89 at 4RW. Which means it's likely that 12 leaves the lineup.

Unless Hayes is not 100% I expect him to go right back to the 3rd line with JT and Grabner.

I see a top 9 of Nash, Step, Zooks, CK, Zib, PB, Grab, Hayes, and JT.

Fast, Vesey, Pump, Oscar, and Pirri eligible for the 4th line.

AV will most likely play Fast.

That puts the other 4 guys competing for the last 2 spots.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
By the way if you guys missed the Step with the mic videos yesterday they were funny and worth watching.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Unless Hayes is not 100% I expect him to go right back to the 3rd line with JT and Grabner.

I see a top 9 of Nash, Step, Zooks, CK, Zib, PB, Grab, Hayes, and JT.

Fast, Vesey, Pump, Oscar, and Pirri eligible for the 4th line.

AV will most likely play Fast.

That puts the other 4 guys competing for the last 2 spots.

Is PB a lock for the top-9, or is that Vesey's spot now?

Center position ties AV's hands, one of 24 or 73 need to be in the lineup as 4C, and he's already shown a predisposition (recently) towards 24.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Center position ties AV's hands, one of 24 or 73 need to be in the lineup as 4C, and he's already shown a predisposition (recently) towards 24.

I do not think PB nor Vesey are a lock right now. I think both have shown good things as rookies but AV isn't locked in on either guy yet. I just hope AV puts Fast on the 4th line.

Vesey-Oscar-Fast would be an okay 4th line.

I'm not overwhelmed by Oscar or Pirri at center right now. They both need to raise their games to be good 4th line centers.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Honestly, I don't think the Top 9 is really locked at all. AV seems to like to keep all 9 spots fluid and only keep together lines when they're working well. No real set first line, second line, third line. It's more like "You three are playing well together right now, you three are playing well together right now, and you three are doing well together right now, so we'll with that."

But yes, center position really ties his hands right now as I think there is a defined 1C, 2C, 3C, 4C (in terms of heirarchy, not traditional skill-level wise). The wingers are the fluid bit.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Went back and watched highlights this morning. Skjei's pass on Grabner's goal was SO SO freakin' good. If the kid can develop his defense a bit more he's going to be a great D for a long time. Passing on Quickie's goal was also fantastic.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If I'm Jeff Gorton I am in big on Brian Boyle. He would be a huge addition to this lineup. Be tremendous for the PK solidify the 4th line and is a monster playoff performer.

He'd be a bigtime target for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad