Post-Game Talk: Flames at Rangers - February 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Of course but we didn't have to trade him for absolutely nothing of value. He didn't looked that terrible. In a perfect world he would get a game here and there til the season is over.

Unless AV is sabotaging him in a Florida as well, the Panthers probably gave us more than we could ask for given the situation.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Vesey would have a comfy spot in the top 9 if that deal happened. Guy lives with skjei closer to him than Hayes at this point.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'll be looking at Dougie Hamilton on the way back

6a0115709f071f970b017742d7ab58970d.jpe

:naughty:

dougie-hamilton.jpg

Ugh...the name Dougie triggers me.

Honest question, is his birth name "Dougie" ?

According to Wikipedia, his birth name is Douglas Jonathan Hamilton (born June 17, 1993).

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Unless AV is sabotaging him in a Florida as well, the Panthers probably gave us more than we could ask for given the situation.
yes of course it Florida should have never asked for him since he never was going to crack that depth chart. Somehow Yandle must have convinced them that he is a Ekblad, Pysyk or Demers.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
yes of course it Florida should have never asked for him since he never was going to crack that depth chart. Somehow Yandle must have convinced them that he is a Ekblad, Pysyk or Demers.

Was I not being clear whey I was trying to insitunate that McIlrath was a terrible pick, and AV didn't have an agenda with him? In reality he just wasn't good enough , and we were lucky do get anything for him.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Was I not being clear whey I was trying to insitunate that McIlrath was a terrible pick, and AV didn't have an agenda with him? In reality he just wasn't good enough , and we were lucky do get anything for him.

He was always a terrible pick, have always hated that. But AV did not gave him a fair chance though and was held in a extremely short leash compared to some veterans.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
dougie-hamilton.jpg

Ugh...the name Dougie triggers me.

Honest question, is his birth name "Dougie" ?

According to Wikipedia, his birth name is Douglas Jonathan Hamilton (born June 17, 1993).

According to Sam Rosen, he prefers Dougie.

But you technically wouldn't be wrong if you called him Doug.

If he played for the Rangers, I would. Dougie bothers me as well.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He was always a terrible pick, have always hated that. But AV did not gave him a fair chance though and was held in a extremely short leash compared to some veterans.

I meant that if it were just an AV agenda issue, he would have stuck with Florida in the same fashion as other players who were misused on one team found haven in a another team who appreciated his talents, but this didn't happen with McIlrath because he's been dud too on the Panthers .

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Rangers need to get their mojo going at home. They have three more games at MSG this week, and then three games against Metro teams. Gotta get into a good groove before those games.

11 games left this month, 6 are against Metro teams. CBus and Caps twice each.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
See here is the problem with your analysis.

When Lundqvist was on a really cold streak, any shot that went passed him could have been saved, but when Lundqvist started playing better, Holden was at fault for Lundqvist turning over the puck to the point man.

No he's at fault for turning instead of trying to block a shot and deflecting the puck in. But hey keep holding tight to your agenda.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Girardi didn't get many votes.. not surprised he's a turnover machine dead to the center of the ice

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No he's at fault for turning instead of trying to block a shot and deflecting the puck in. But hey keep holding tight to your agenda.

Agenda. I've been getting **** thrown at me all year for defending the D and Lundqvist.

Lundqvist made a terrible turnover, and it bounced off of Holden. It wasn't as if the net was open, and holden reached for it and tapped it in.

Most NHL goals are scored on bad turnovers and rebounds. It was a bad play.

And long live the king, but good lord that guy could not stick handle to save his life.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The way the league currently enforces the instigator rule is odd to me. It seems to come down to whether the hitter was willing to answer the bell.

Yeah very weird. Ferland came from the far side of the ice at the blue line to meet Klein at the bottom of the other side circle. Just because Klein was willing to answer the bell it wasn't an instigator? That doesn't seem right.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah very weird. Ferland came from the far side of the ice at the blue line to meet Klein at the bottom of the other side circle. Just because Klein was willing to answer the bell it wasn't an instigator? That doesn't seem right.

IIRC, it used to be that fights that were instigated , yet led to an actual agreed fight resulted in both players getting five for fighting and a misconduct tacked on to the instigator.

It was often a 2-5-10.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm curious about why Miller was credited with an assist on the Grabner goal... Does the league normally award assists in that context?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Nah, I think he makes a lot of good small plays still. He has scored some goals this season for a reason too, can make plays that makes a difference.

Right now he is kind of caught in no mans land for sure, but I do think this kind of is to be expected. Like AV roles four lines almost equally for long long stretches. A lot of production comes from getting both a 1st, 2nd and 3rd chance. When you don't get that, it's hard to stay consistent.

As it is now, he doesn't quite get to play to his strength. A bit too much up and down, and not much ice to play on. Think he could get a bit stronger and get some constancy from contributing shielding the puck more.

Yeah - I think he is keeping the play moving and hustling. I agree, sort of a no-mans-land at the moment. he will come around. i like his game way more than, say, puempel's. what i mean is, i wouldnt sit him when hayes comes back. let him fight through it and learn. he isnt hurting the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad