Post-Game Talk: Flames at Lightning: November 12, 2015 at 5:30pm MT on SNF

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Engelland being scratched really upset me.

it honestly just sends just an awful message to the team. Like Hartley is pretty much saying, you can play good, but I'm still gonna scratch you instead of the guy with the A on his sweater or because of "age"

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
With the Leafs and the Avalanche winning, the Flames are now the sole occupants of 29th overall.

And, almost all the teams ahead in the standings have a game in hand.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
At least at this rate were going to get an awesome young player at the draft, unless our luck kicks in and we don't win any of the top 3 picks...

Matthews, Puljujarvi or Laine would be pretty awesome.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The tank is on, not with intent, we just suck.

Why the flames got to tank the year before and after the McDavid draft?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The tank is on, not with intent, we just suck.

Why the flames got to tank the year before and after the McDavid draft?

because we can't have nice things..?
even though we have a VERY solid core of Money-Bennett-Johnny-Brodie-Hamilton to go into the future with?
but for real tho, the regression is on in full force.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No. I'm actually serious. It's great lol.

lol yeah i can see why. but I mean you can't blame people for being upset, expectations were raised going into the year and so far they have fallen flat on their faces, with horrid defense, below average(but getting better) goaltending, and quite a few snake-bit forwards. add that all up and you get us so far.

can we turn it around? absolutely!
will we? that's the question which is up in the air at this point.
as someone else pointed out we still are in the middle of our rebuild.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
tank.gif

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
What frustrates me with this season is not our position in the standings; that's what happen when the goaltendings play this poorly.

It's the complete lack of growth in the coaching that direct in spite of our additionals NHL assest from off-season trade (Hamilton), FA (Frolik,Nakladal) and prospect upgrade (Bennett,Kulak). Terrible management TOI for each players, dreadful ever-changing line combinations, a lack of system in the OZ (score-on-the-rush or the play's dead), deorganized special teams (can't even sustain offense ON THE POWERPLAY) all fall the coach.

Fire Hartley.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
as someone else pointed out we still are in the middle of our rebuild.
So what? Perfect time to figure out who you should substract amongs players/coaches when you're trying to build a contender.

This make no sense. And I hope the rebuild doesn't last five/six years.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
so is it too early to start up a tank thread? :sarcasm:
Sarcasm unnecessary; season's over more or less. At least, it's over if the goal was to make the playoffs.

Give or take a few points, a win or two, it doesn't matter. A 0.650+ winning percentage for the rest of the season is simply unfeasible.

At this point, I'm looking forward to what Hudler, Russell, Jones and a few other vets can bring back in a trade while at the same time, what the prospects can do when they're finally given some ice time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What frustrates me with this season is not our position in the standings; that's what happen when the goaltendings play this poorly.

It's the complete lack of growth in the coaching that direct in spite of our additionals NHL assest from off-season trade (Hamilton), FA (Frolik,Nakladal) and prospect upgrade (Bennett,Kulak). Terrible management TOI for each players, dreadful ever-changing line combinations, a lack of system in the OZ (score-on-the-rush or the play's dead), deorganized special teams (can't even sustain offense ON THE POWERPLAY) all fall the coach.

Fire Hartley.

The team is playing well right now, but are wasting good chances and not making fundamentally good decisions in their own end. You can't coach that.

If the team was still playing they were that first week, I think I'd be inclined to agree with what you're saying, but they haven't. The Flames are playing good hockey right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad