Post-Game Talk: Flames at Lightning: November 12, 2015 at 5:30pm MT on SNF

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We don't suck at hockey, we just suck at winning hockey games right now. Weren't too many players or lines or pairings that played badly in this game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
At least Bennett scored

and a game closer to Auston Matthews :handclap:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hudler supports the tank.

The Good: Gaudreau, Backlund, Bennett, Dougie, Ramo, Ferland
The Bad: Monahan, Smid, Frolik, Gio
The Ugly: Hudler, Wideman

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
a trade must be coming. we need to get a good defensive defensemen. and get wideman out of the lineup. What I don't understand is why in order to put Smid into the lineup Hartley decided to take Engelland out of the lineup?! He has been quietly one of our only good defensemen this season. This whole "always earned, never given" stuff is ********. Wideman obviously has been playing like **** Hartley. Don't take Engelland out, take Wideman out. If i remember last year Hartley scratched wides for a game and afterwards he finally came to his senses and started playing well. C'mon Hartley, you're not acting like the Jack Adams award winner you were last year.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Scratch Wideman tomorrow. Please.

Guy gets six minutes of ****ing PP time while Hamilton gets zero, and he rewards us with that ****ty garbage play to end the ****ing game.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The 'top' line has struggled a lot this season. Don't know why Hartley sticks with it; especially when Gaudreau and Bennett were beastly together.

This. Hartley has been awful. Can't believe this coach won a Jack Adams when he can't get the most obvious line combos right.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
We need to remember we are still in the middle of a rebuild.

Last season we got lucky on our first bet at the roulette table and played with house money the whole year. It was fun while it lasted.

While it does suck to look at the losses rack up, the fact the Flames are still in every game, and Ramo is playing decent-good now, are all reasons for optimism.

Playoffs? unlikely, but hey, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Only thing is I hope the front office doesn't panic and fire Hartley or make another rash decision. I don't think they will, I think we have one of, if not the best front offices in the NHL.

Games, for the most part, are still fun to watch, and the young guys still put on a show every night.

It's all good, boys, it's all good.

Calgary Flames- Stanley Cup Champs 2021.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Hudler supports the tank.

The Good: Gaudreau, Backlund, Bennett, Dougie, Ramo, Ferland
The Bad: Monahan, Smid, Frolik, Gio
The Ugly: Hudler, Wideman

I'd put Jooris, Grant, and jones with the good, they've been playing really solid. The Ferland - Grant - Jooris line tonight was Grant

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
this is honestly how EVERYONE expected us to play last season, but instead we are playing this season.

True - no offense but I totally thought you guys would be crap last season. I figured a full year of Bennett and adding Hamilton would at least keep you in the top 10 in the West.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
True - no offense but I totally thought you guys would be crap last season. I figured a full year of Bennett and adding Hamilton would at least keep you in the top 10 in the West.

yeah ah well, playoffs are pretty close to out of the picture for us at this point.

at least the Leafs made it to OT :naughty::naughty:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
so the Leafs are 4-4 in OT rn because the Leafs took a late penalty, and they haven't had a whistle for the first 3 mins, and they just got a stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad